cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PBS Kids coming to DStv?

Doccie

Re: PBS Kids coming to DStv?

The channel is available on the I-plate section in South Africa. MultiChoice SA is doing a terrible job in informing people about upcoming channels on their social media handles compared to other markets where they get less subscribers but still inform viewers on the latest attractions. 

Trending

South Africa might get it. However Southern Africa and the rest of Africa's is very different, just because it launches there doesn't mean anything will here 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doccie

Always entertaining Kids being it's forte, DStv has added PBS Kids a new education based entertainment channel, offering the opportunity for Children to explore new ideas and new worlds. Starting May 22nd, on channel 313 on all our packages. Enjoy

From MultiChoice in Ethiopia

Doccie

Thanks, I know the channel is not yet available on your decoder if you read carefully I said it looks like you're launching the channel SOON. It's currently on the i-Plate so I assume its on an early test phase. It wouldn't shock me if the channel launches in June immediately after the content expires on DStv Now. 

Here's a photo and link of PBS Kids on the i-Plate all the shows except for Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman is part of the channel's lineup. So glad the kids have something besides CN and Disney Channel to tune into this school holidays. 

http://prsdube16.blogspot.com/2019/05/what-to-expect-from-new-youth-channel.html?m=1

Hi Insidus. 

PBS Kids is currently only available on the following channels per country: (Channel DTH: 313 – DTT: 65,Ghana – 165 & Uganda - 358 ).

The channel is available on DStv Now in South Africa. It is not yet available on our decoders. 

Doccie

MultiChoice Kenya advertised the channel back in March while MultiChoice South Africa recently added the channel on the i-plate section. So we could expect the channel in June, a perfect time for the school holidays. The lineup on the i-plate is no different to what's seen on DStv Now except for the schedule. 

Highlighted
Doccie

Seems like PBS Kids is coming to DStv with a channel number 318 they've even uploaded info about it and a schedule online. There was hardly any info about it on their website. Makes me more convinced its coming since they got Ginx Esports a channel of its own and TV Mall managed somehow. 

Doccie

Seems to be a permanent addition on Catch Up as the content only expires at the end of May, presumably next year. 

Showmaxed

312 is a ROA (Rest Of Africa) equivalent of 305.

Trending

I hope its permanent. But I think its holidays only 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~