Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Dish magazine a no show

9 REPLIES
Doccie

Re: DSTV Dish magazine a no show

Last month, after yet again having to throw all our toys out of the cot, we received 2 July Dish magazines.  One delivered to my office (addressed to a name I have no idea where they got it) and one to my mom's house, even though we asked multiple times that the delivery address be changed to my office.

We are now in August.  And nothing!  No August Dish has been delivered at either my office or our house address.  Here we go again........

Extra

MY DSTV MAGAZINE FOR JULY ARRIVED ON 2/08/2018. FAT LOT OF GOOD THAT WAS AS USUAL!

FORTUNATELY IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS DSTV HAVE BEEN DOING A BULK DELIVERY TO OUR OLD AGE HOME ON THE 25TH OF THE MONTH BEFORE THE DUE DATE.

BRAVO TO DSTV! NOW THAT THE POSTAL STRIKE IS OVER, KEEP IT UP AS POST OFFICE DELIVERIES ARE DEPLORABLE.

WELL DONE FROM THE RESIDENTS OF

HIGHVELD GARDENS RETIREMENT LODGE

212 OLD ROAD

MIDRAND

Doccie

I think a TV Guide should be free, however I agree that I would also be willing to pay for it if I know that at least I receive it. 

Their idea of an online guide and mine differs, I want up-to-date information on new shows, returning shows etc. They used to do something like that on the 101 show that they tried. If I could get that in PDF or on my DSTV Now app (which can be dynamically updated) then I would be happy. 

The EPG, in my opinion looks outdated, is difficult to navigate (with way too many clicks to see whats happening) and difficult to use to plan my viewing. I want to see the bigger picture not just channel by channel in grids thats of now use to me when PLANNING viewing. 

The on-screen EPG is good enough to let me know what is showing NOW and NEXT but for planning sake I would love a dynamic updated page on DSTV NOW or my EXPLORA that I can click on record series from there. 

I don't think its THAT MUCH TO ASK as one of the premium customers that haven't forsaken DSTV yet (100 000 cancelled last year)

Hi @Genesistt , PM me the account holder's details and we will look into the matter. 

Action

Of absolute no help in assisting in resolving your problem but just to say that I'm a senior citizen and after complaining about not receiving my Dish Magazine I am now, once again, receiving it. This message is just to advise that if the account is in the name of a senior citizen then you should still be able to receive the Dish Magazine.

Hopefully someone from MC or wherever will soon be in touch with you regarding the reintroduction of the postal delivery. HOPEFULLY!!!! Good luck.

Doccie

My mom, as a senior citizen, have been getting her guide up to 2 months ago.  They delivered it via Fedex and heaven alone knows how much that cost, but with the SA postal service these days....

You know, I would even be willing to buy the guide.  Just put it in Checkers and Pick 'n Pay and I will go buy it.  Then at least I know I will get it and they can use that money to develop the online schedules into something useful and accurate. 

And you know the other thing I hate about the online schedules and the EPG schedules?  They are only good for a week, maybe 2 weeks.  You never get the entire month.  Like you said, planning your viewing should be fun.  Not this massive hassle to wrestle the info out of them! 

Doccie

I totally agree, their communication is shocking. Ultimately as a premium subscriber I expect something better than that half-baked attempt they called the Guide. I have asked many times that if they want to fully go digital they should make it just as easy to find schedules and new programming. 

As far as I understood their last comment on this senior citizens will still be receiving theirs? not sure if this is happening.

I recently booked into a hotel and received a note to use online tv guide to plan my viewing as hotels don't get one any longer either. 

Other markets like the US and UK don't have to have these magazines because they got TvTimes and TvGuide thats printed nationally. Here in SA we don't have a good alternative. Their common response is that we should follow social media and pray we didnot miss a post about a new show. I think its really pathetic on their part. Watching & Planning TV viewing should be fun and easy and its not you gotta check 20 different places!

Their DSTV Now app could be improved but I just don't think they care. #premiumless 

Highlighted
Doccie

Yes, on the old forum that's what we were told too, and then I (along with a few other people) threw a complete wobbly about it. 

Nr 1: DSTV never even bothered to communicate this move to any of their subscribers via any kind of communication, so they're trying to sneak this change through, hoping people won't fight them again, like they did in the past.

Nr 2: What about the people like my mom, who is a senior citizen without a smart phone or internet connection.  How is she supposed to use the online guide, which is a complete and utter mess anyway, like you said.

Nr 3: Clearly, they are still printing the books, otherwise how would the hotels get them?

Nr 4: You pay close to R1000 a month and can't even get a stupid book???? 

But yes, trying to get MC to respond is like trying to grow money.  My mom actually phoned them this morning and the woman she got was not the most helpful.   I think I should start charging MC for all the printer ink and paper they're costing me printing out the Dish I download off their website every month.  At R800 for 2 cartridges, I would never have to pay subscriptions again. 

It just pisses me off so much that they try and sneak this stuff past us and try to shove their horrid websites down our throats!

Doccie

MC decided awhile back that they are staggering phasing-out printed DSTV magazines. I don't receive mine either anymore, and nobody seems to want to help. All you get told is to follow online/on-screen TV guide. 

The online tv guide (The Guide) is a mess and the forum used to be a place where you could at least receive the highlights for Mnet and Mnet City but that has also gone by the wayside. 

Good luck in getting any reply from MC...

Doccie

DSTV Dish magazine a no show

After my mom threw a complete wobbly, we have had our DSTV Dish magazine delivered to our house every month without fail, except for the last 2 months.

Why are we not receiving our Dish anymore?!