Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

EPG issues

Highlighted
Romance

EPG issues

There no longer seems to be a place for EPG issues, so I'm posting here.

I recorded the one and only repeat of Graham Norton last night, but sometime before recording started, EPG changed. I only have partial recording, and there are no repeats!

According to TV guide, the episode should have played out from 2:04 to 2:52.

GN 1.jpgGN 2.jpg

16 REPLIES
Action

Re: EPG issues

I had the same problem. Fortunately I recorded the original broadcast on another decoder. The show always used to be on CU (or CU+, can't remember) and even that seems to no longer be the case.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@MadCat @krugie We had noted the glitch and can confirm that it was the last repeat but we are investigating the glitch with EPG masters so we can better understand what actually happened.

Romance

@Cya_DStv1wrote:

@MadCat @krugie We had noted the glitch and can confirm that it was the last repeat but we are investigating the glitch with EPG masters so we can better understand what actually happened.

Nice that you are investigating the glitch - does not solve my problem of a half recorded programme with no repeats.

Action

There is a problem with the series recording identifier of Michael McIntyre's Big Show S03E05 this coming Sunday on BBC Brit at 18H40 (Explora1 TV Guide). This is a new (premiere) episode but my Explora is not scheduling it to be recorded. It shows as being part of a series I am recording but as if the episode has already been recorded or scheduled on a different date (i.e. the record icon is grey instead of red).

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Community Manager

Hi @krugie Please check and let us know if the show does appear under Schedules (HELP button on your remote > Planner > Schedules) and also check if it appears under Season Manager.

Action

@Nontsiki_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @krugie Please check and let us know if the show does appear under Schedules (HELP button on your remote > Planner > Schedules) and also check if it appears under Season Manager.

@Nontsiki_DStv1 as  mentioned, there is something wrong with the series/episode identifier on this episode.. trust me Man LOL  I have a series recording set for this series so yes, it is in my Season Manager and all previous episodes have recorded successful. This episode has not been shown yet so it should be scheduled for this Sunday but it is NOT in my schedules - the Explora thinks this  episode has already been recorded which is incorrect.

Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us @krugie. The team would like a screenshot of your Schedules screen so they look into the matter.  

Action

Unfortunately I have have deleted my series recording and reset it so the episode is now scheduled to record.

Doccie

Tempted to start a new thread for Sundance Channel EPG issues (as they seem to be so frequent) but I'll try to be a good citizen and post in one place Robot Indifferent

Recently recorded the movie "The Dresser" on Sundance which the EPG indicates is from 1983, partly as I was interested to see Anthony Hopkins and Ian McKellen (listed as actors in the EPG) back in 1983, only to see a current version of McKellen when I started watching. Turns out there are two versions of this movie, a 1983 one and a 2015 remake, and the EPG is incorrect.

I don't really understand how this sort of thing happens so often, surely whoever is responsible for the EPG can identify which version of a movie is being shown?