Welcome to Lifestyle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

Trending

Re: VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

@Optimist wrote:

You missed a bit, the article also reveals that BET, Comedy Central, MTV and MTV Base will also be upgraded to HD soon.

A bit off-topic sorry.  I am happy about any HD upgrade even though Comedy Central is the only one of these I sometimes watch - and not even that often - but I would have thought something like NatGeo or even news channels should be a much higher HD priority.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

No press release in dstv.com's spotlight section either

https://www.dstv.com/en-za/news

so not sure where MC are expecting us to source our factual info from?

Trending

Thinus says it will be MTV Music 24. A channel with that specific name is currently only broadcast in the Netherlands. Guess we will have to wait and see what we get!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Romance

@Optimist wrote:

In fairness to Thinus as well - sometimes he does deliver;

1. He mentions the channel has Rock content as well, so looks like only Alternative is still wanting... or maybe it is occasionally available, guess time will tell.

Well, Alternative is a sub-genre of Rock, so it's probably covered by that label.

Trending

@Optimist i see,completely  missed it 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

In fairness to Thinus as well - sometimes he does deliver;

1. He mentions the channel has Rock content as well, so looks like only Alternative is still wanting... or maybe it is occasionally available, guess time will tell.

2. I see he's also got a very interesting (to me anyway) new article about the M-Net group's challenges with getting the movies we think they easily get, including mention of the only real competition few of us know about.

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2019/02/an-m-net-movies-pop-up-channels-oral.html

Nominee

You missed a bit, the article also reveals that BET, Comedy Central, MTV and MTV Base will also be upgraded to HD soon.

But I've found his articles too unreliable at times, surely MC would still prefer to announce directly to us?

@Cya_DStv1  , please can you expand further.

Trending

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2019/02/vh1-classic-on-dstv-swapped-for-mtv.html

thinus posted about that and that Nickelodeon will become HD from 5 March 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

A trick I tried this morning may be the best way to generally check these things at the month ends, for anyone who's interested enough.

Do a Word search for "Important".

The only other mention is the new replacement News channel being launched sometime this year.

But, @Cya_DStv1  , if there are press releases available they would be highly appreciated.

Trending

I finally found the message on the Explora TV guide - at 00:55-01:00 this morning when hardly anyone would have been watching... Other airings shows a few more times it will be shown though. The guide for 4 & 5 March still shows the VH1 Classic programming.

@Cya_DStv1 - are you able to provide more info please? Which feed we will be getting etc?