Welcome to Lifestyle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

Romance

Re: VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

VH1 was my favourite "play in the background while not watching TV" channel; much like leaving a radio playing without specifically listening except when something catches the ear. Content was great!

I have sampled the replacement channel quite extensively but most of the content just grates on my nerves.

For me, I've lost yet another channel!! Smiley MadSmiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Trending

cant seem to find a local version of a website for it 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Highlighted
Showmaxed

I haven't been watching yet, and for now the EPG just lists the same generic entry throughout the day - but that at least details some of the genres;

323 MTV Music 24 synopsis.jpg

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

You missed a bit, the article also reveals that BET, Comedy Central, MTV and MTV Base will also be upgraded to HD soon.

A bit off-topic sorry.  I am happy about any HD upgrade even though Comedy Central is the only one of these I sometimes watch - and not even that often - but I would have thought something like NatGeo or even news channels should be a much higher HD priority.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

No press release in dstv.com's spotlight section either

https://www.dstv.com/en-za/news

so not sure where MC are expecting us to source our factual info from?

Red Carpet

Thinus says it will be MTV Music 24. A channel with that specific name is currently only broadcast in the Netherlands. Guess we will have to wait and see what we get!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

@Optimist wrote:

In fairness to Thinus as well - sometimes he does deliver;

1. He mentions the channel has Rock content as well, so looks like only Alternative is still wanting... or maybe it is occasionally available, guess time will tell.

Well, Alternative is a sub-genre of Rock, so it's probably covered by that label.

Trending

@Optimist i see,completely  missed it 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

In fairness to Thinus as well - sometimes he does deliver;

1. He mentions the channel has Rock content as well, so looks like only Alternative is still wanting... or maybe it is occasionally available, guess time will tell.

2. I see he's also got a very interesting (to me anyway) new article about the M-Net group's challenges with getting the movies we think they easily get, including mention of the only real competition few of us know about.

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2019/02/an-m-net-movies-pop-up-channels-oral.html

Showmaxed

You missed a bit, the article also reveals that BET, Comedy Central, MTV and MTV Base will also be upgraded to HD soon.

But I've found his articles too unreliable at times, surely MC would still prefer to announce directly to us?

@Cya_DStv1  , please can you expand further.