Welcome to Lifestyle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

Romance

Re: VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

We already have plenty of channels playing modern (iffy) music, but only ONE VH1 playing really excellent "nostalgic" music. Young people; at least I can speak for my children; LOVED VH1. I've been to many dinner and braai parties where VH1 was left to play as background music and was often left to play in my house when not watching TV.

DSTV's choice to remove it without testing it's popularity is unwarrented and arrogant.

Please bring it back! Replace some other channel if you must! Smiley Mad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Anime

Thanks Julia, for replying after more than a month.

But like someone else mentioned, this is arrogance.  Music does not expire, but it seems in Multichoice eyes it do.  May be the panel deciding all teens and have no taste for rock or pop.  All the channels play one style of music, current music.  Just went to 323 again, another metal "blik" voice song playing.

Hi Keepitreal01. We have received the following feedback regarding your query:

''MTV Music 24 speaks strongly to the current trends and growing youth demographic on the continent hence the decision to replace VH1 with this 24/7/365 broader market and pop music entertainment channel.

VH1 appealed to a nostalgic market whereas MTV Music 24 provides current on trend pop music and entertainment content.'' 

I am bitterly disappointed that DStv have decided to withdraw Vh1, the one and only music video channel devoted to Rock n Roll, classic rock and 60s, 70 and 80s music...who does Dstv think they are..??!! Methinks pretty much a law unto themselves..talk about ARROGANCE !!!!! Disgruntled and longtime Dstv subscriber...

Trending

My 1st impressions are generally favourable thus far. I have had limited time to check it out - thanks ESKOM - but I'm happy to see some new/current chart toppers finally getting some airplay. I have yet to see anything that can be considered Rock (or Alternative) though. Obviously not all the music featured is to my taste but quote a fair amount is - so for me this is better than VH1 Classics. I still believe DSTV could've given us BOTH channels though.

I was concerned about the lack of a proper TV Guide but it now seems as if there are no real programs - it is just non-stop videos all the time. I would have preferred different segments - maybe catering for different styles, chart countdowns in different genres, new release segments, themed segments, band features etc - all of which are present of some of the MTV Music channels abroad.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Anime

Really disappointed. just disappeared.  No video channel playing pop music 80's 90's and later music in that style.  All the channels and there are many playing the same RAP/R&B/metro/urban.  As said by someone, use to keep it on when not really watching anything.  Actually prefer the original VH1.  There is now nothing between 146 Afr music (too much) and metro rap. Are nobody really liking it?

Trending

I finally have some limited connectivity for a short time - looking forward to checking out the new channel when I get back home on Sunday after which i will also add some comments.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
Romance

VH1 was my favourite "play in the background while not watching TV" channel; much like leaving a radio playing without specifically listening except when something catches the ear. Content was great!

I have sampled the replacement channel quite extensively but most of the content just grates on my nerves.

For me, I've lost yet another channel!! Smiley MadSmiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Trending

cant seem to find a local version of a website for it 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

I haven't been watching yet, and for now the EPG just lists the same generic entry throughout the day - but that at least details some of the genres;

323 MTV Music 24 synopsis.jpg