Welcome to Lifestyle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

35 REPLIES 35
Lee
New poster

Re: VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

I totally agree with everyone who's as upset about this as i am - I loved VH1! 😢

It was one of the reasons why I got DStv 😡

Now we just have to accept the crappy music channels that are currently being aired 😠

MTV Base & MTV Music 24 are more youth oriented channels - kindly realise that some, if not most, of your viewers are over the age of 25 and we like music from the 80's and 90's - my teenage niece and nephew actually also appreciate music from this era...

Funny how the rest of the world seems to still love it, but for some reason, DStv has to be different

You've got a cheek to call VH1 "outdated" - if you're not careful, you'll be heading the same way. I believe "NOSTALGIC" is a better word

DStv, if you were smart and cared about the opinions of your (hopefully) valued subscribers, you will bring VH1 back!!!!

New poster

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!! The most enjoyable music channel... WHY??? Just bring it back... MTV is so not easy listening... repeating the same songs at least twice every night - really now...

Extra

Dstv why must we pay R950 a month and theres no more vh1 what a good channel for listening  to the 80s please help theres allot off kak channels replace one with vh1 thanks please paul claassen 

New poster

ABSOLUTELY... mtv has the same playlist EVERY NIGHT... repeating the same songs... Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, 'Informer'... just to name a few... there's many more... so irritating... REALLY NOW!!! Just bring back VH1!!!!

Anime

DSTV - it should be easy to fix this dilemma that you created, just bring back VH1 !

Highlighted
Action

MC, whatever your thinking is, it's messed up! Smiley Mad

So get your minds in gear and bring back VH1; ok? Thanks Smiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Showmaxed

Perhaps this music channels problem needs looking at from a different angle, the only one that seems to interest MC these days - finance.

The following says it all - actually they "value" the Music 24 channel as the highest, yet they insist on mostly catering to their lower tier markets... I'm sure this will be one of the reasons they removed a comprehensive table like this from dstv.co.za

music 24 - 'high' value.jpg

Now, I understand that the bulk of their future is believed by them to lie in those lower tiers, but this is completely back-to-front and overdone! They're trying to have their cake and eat it, and when they lose enough customers because of it it's the remaining ones of those who pay the most who will suffer which will cascade into yet worse results for all !!

Extra

You've got no taste or class giving this type of nostalgic statement. Current music is so empty and lost and lack nostalgia, melody and effort. You are the typical type of person with your argument that I'm sure can't identify more than one bird or tree specie in your own garden now you want to promote empty modern music even further.... Horrible framework your mind portrays at DSTV. WHAT A SHAME! 

Extra

Bring VH1 back! Are you silly taking it off? Can't afford the royalties anymore? 

Tags (1)
Extra

Bring VH1 back! Are you silly taking it off? Can't afford the royalties anymore?