Welcome to Lifestyle

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

40 REPLIES 40
Doccie

Re: VH1 classic being replaced on 4 March ?!

DSTV:  Bring back VH1 ! Stop being arrogant and listen to your customers. 

Action

Listen to the new channel for a few hours and you've heard it all; the rubbish just goes around and around after that. 

MC: We want VH1 back please, asap!! Smiley Mad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Anime

@DPA1 wrote:

Put on MTV24 again yesterday, there is no hope.  Back to channel 751, why cant you have a music channel like this, catering for at least one other genre of music, all that DSTV cater is for hip hop rb, blik voice songs.  There is just nothing in between this and Kyknet 146 Afr music, which also too much at times.  Need the good old pop music, or newer ones in style of Ava Max, Pink, Nickleback, George Ezra,  Adam Lambert, etc

I'll repeat my previous comment, this is arrogance. Music does not expire, but it seems in Multichoice eyes it do. May be the panel deciding all teens and have no taste for rock or pop. All the channels play one style of music, current music. Just went to 323 again, another metal "blik" voice song playing.

They don't even pretend to care with the lack of HD.

Anime

Put on MTV24 again yesterday, there is no hope.  Back to channel 751, why cant you have a music channel like this, catering for at least one other genre of music, all that DSTV cater is for hip hop rb, blik voice songs.  There is just nothing in between this and Kyknet 146 Afr music, which also too much at times.  Need the good old pop music, or newer ones in style of Ava Max, Pink, Nickleback, George Ezra,  Adam Lambert, etc

I'll repeat my previous comment, this is arrogance. Music does not expire, but it seems in Multichoice eyes it do. May be the panel deciding all teens and have no taste for rock or pop. All the channels play one style of music, current music. Just went to 323 again, another metal "blik" voice song playing.

why do you still play this rubbish music on mtv music 24.what a disgrace of music.. music is the food of love... play on.. that was what Vh1 was.. music in the best platform... real music. i dont even watch music channels because you serve us  trash and we deserve much better. Vh1 have cover a unlimited range of lekke music these days youtube and radio is even better then the **bleep** you serve us with. 

Lee
New poster

I totally agree with everyone who's as upset about this as i am - I loved VH1! 😢

It was one of the reasons why I got DStv 😡

Now we just have to accept the crappy music channels that are currently being aired 😠

MTV Base & MTV Music 24 are more youth oriented channels - kindly realise that some, if not most, of your viewers are over the age of 25 and we like music from the 80's and 90's - my teenage niece and nephew actually also appreciate music from this era...

Funny how the rest of the world seems to still love it, but for some reason, DStv has to be different

You've got a cheek to call VH1 "outdated" - if you're not careful, you'll be heading the same way. I believe "NOSTALGIC" is a better word

DStv, if you were smart and cared about the opinions of your (hopefully) valued subscribers, you will bring VH1 back!!!!

New poster

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!! The most enjoyable music channel... WHY??? Just bring it back... MTV is so not easy listening... repeating the same songs at least twice every night - really now...

Highlighted
Extra

Dstv why must we pay R950 a month and theres no more vh1 what a good channel for listening  to the 80s please help theres allot off kak channels replace one with vh1 thanks please paul claassen 

New poster

ABSOLUTELY... mtv has the same playlist EVERY NIGHT... repeating the same songs... Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, 'Informer'... just to name a few... there's many more... so irritating... REALLY NOW!!! Just bring back VH1!!!!

Doccie

DSTV - it should be easy to fix this dilemma that you created, just bring back VH1 !