Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Carte Blanche back to their 5 minute irritation

23 REPLIES 23
Red Carpet

Re: Carte Blanche back to their 5 minute irritation

I was just about to post about it as well. Totally agree with you - MC simply doesn't care about customers any longer (or about what works in the customer's best interest) - let alone common sense.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

CB is listed to end @  20:05 for the next 2 weeks... who knows if we can trust the published info anymore, but maybe time to give up anyway Krugie?

Showmaxed

During this Trackers period the Carte Blanches have all been pre-recorded, so one has to presume that they use this extra 5 minutes as a buffer with such live TV events, and that alone is the whole reason for it?

But M-Net, then what about the fact that...

1. No other live program on your channel that I know of requires it.

2. When there's a normal need to pre-record you don't give us our 5 minutes back.

3. When you do an hour and a half episode there is no such pre-planned "need".

@krugie  's idea - make the 5 min. part of the movie slot - if you do need the safety margin then it will work that way just as well without the negative consequences.

If you don't actually need it, surely time to scrap it. You managed fine now, and you know how it disrupts things for your customers.

TIA

Red Carpet

At least now with Trackers being shown there has been some sanity and the EPG end time for Carte Blanche is 20H00. For heaven's sake, once Trackers finish, incorporate the extra 5 minutes "sponsor time" into the movie's start time and NOT into Carte Blanche's end time!!!!!!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Like with most issues, I have given up on this. My recording also failed but fortunately I was home and ended up watching live. I only realised it wasn't recording mid-way through.

#CustomersDontMatter

Showmaxed

The channel has really screwed-up tonight, bad as it's Carte Blanche's anniversary broadcast !

Sometime later today, they extended the longer episode tonight from ending @ 20:30 to ending @ 20:35 - and I had an EBR for another channel @ 20:30 so nearly lost the 101 recording! :-(

It's like no-one ever considers the bigger picture or consequences. Hard to see a reason to discuss these things anymore...

And can't even type properly here anymore due to weird forum software, letters keep getting lost! Bah!!

Red Carpet

And still the same for this coming Sunday. And last night Carte Blance was all over and done with by 20H00 - so this 20H05 is nothing other than incompetence and to annoy subscribers.

Red Carpet

This is never going to change since no one at MC apparently understand (or cares) how PVR functionality works - but as long as they choose to irritate me by doing it I will irritate back by posting about it.

Next Sundays: Still 19H00 to 20H05....

Red Carpet

And still it continues. Last night had an extended episode of Carte Blanche due to the age restriction of the Sunday night movie - so the episode was from 19H00 to 20H30. Note that it was NOT 20H35... it was 20H30. And this coming Sunday? 19H00 to 20H05... NOT 20H00.

It is truly astonishing that there can be such little understanding in a broadcasting company as to how their own products (specifically referring to PVRs & conflicts) operate. Let alone the inconveniences they cause to THEIR SUBSCRIBERS.

Doccie

This is an unbelievable answer! 

Do the EPG Team actually know what they are talking about or do they think we as PREMIUM subscribers are dumb...

Just shows you why MC CEO said that satellite tv is dying #incompetence streaming is the way to go because then we don't need to worry about recording conflicts!