8 REPLIES 8
BoxOffice

Re: Gupta news replacement fails

Let's hope it's actual news. And not the same as previous channel 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

The announcement has been made - but no launch date:

https://www.fin24.com/Companies/ICT/breaking-multichoice-announces-new-24-hour-channel-to-replace-ma...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Romance

I used to watch ANN7 occasionally just to see what the 'other side' was up to, which was quite informative Smiley Wink Watched some of Afro as well and they really were going all out to shed their Gupta rep. Too little honesty too late I guess.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
BoxOffice

Selling the pathetic ANN7 to another company and changing the name was a very stupid and expensive thing to do. 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

We're both sort of right...

I didn't know the pseudo-replacement plans changed to a name change.

The station has now closed.

There's been bidding underway for the real replacement which will be announced tomorrow.

MC have agreed to see to it that some staff from the "stranded" (<roll eyes>) channel will work for the new channel that wins.

Details: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/new-channel-to-replace-afro-worldview-will-be-announced-late...

Doccie

You are 100% correct Krugie.

Johann

HD awesomeness
Red Carpet

From what I think I recall it did launch some time ago. However, the 405 i-Plate now states that it (it does say the Afro thingie channel) had stopped airing, recommends the other local channels for local viewing, and the whole thing is E38.

Trending

I'm not 100% sure (as I have no interest in this channel) but I don't think Afro Worldview - or whatever it was called - was the replacement for ANN7 - I think the channel just underwent a name change. 20 Aug was the date ANN7 was meant to be switched off. I'm sure I read on the guide that the replacement channel was being announced TODAY 27 Aug actually - but now I can't find it anywhere.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Gupta news replacement fails

Yep, the short-lived replacement of the Gupta news channel,

405 "Afro Worldview", was closed down on the 20th.

Get real MC.