8 REPLIES 8
Trending

Re: Newzroom Afrika launching 02 May?

Anything can be better than that rubbish channel 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Highlighted
Red Carpet

I have to admit that my 1st impressions are much more favourable than with the launch of ANN7 - all in all a much more professional setup thus far and also much better on-screen appearance  and graphics with good HD quality.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

And if the last post edited is replied to it carries the change on.

May not be worth it though - two of us already lost posts this morning thanks to the anti-spam nonsense again... I suspect something too detailed I posted about packages actually caused a MC reaction, and that's become their excuse to try remove things. Why else is the problem only suddenly back now??? (I have been here reading during my break.)

Or did the use of an old thread attacking their lack of commitment set something or someone off??  :-/

Methinks there's those at MC who even want this forum gone.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

BTW, if you edit your post #1 you can change the title of the thread :-)

(But it won't affect the subsequent posts.)

Done. I see you can also edit (your own) subsequent posts individually.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

BTW, if you edit your post #1 you can change the title of the thread :-)

(But it won't affect the subsequent posts.)

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

He's at the least got the name mostly right, although it's actually "Afrika" with a K.

(A bit strange that, one would think using a K is a very Afrikaans thing only??)

How do I know?

Sometimes MC do a fiddle and leave things open for a while.... :-p

Apologies - I see he also wrote it with a K. I didn't even pick that up as I also just assumed a C would be the politically correct way to go. Smiley LOL

Showmaxed

He's at the least got the name mostly right, although it's actually "Afrika" with a K.

(A bit strange that, one would think using a K is a very Afrikaans thing only??)

How do I know?

Sometimes MC do a fiddle and leave things open for a while.... :-p

Trending

Re: Newzroom Africa launching 02 May?

you can say that again

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

Newzroom Afrika launching 02 May?

So according to Thinus, the new local news channel Newzroom Africa (replacing ANN7) will be launching on Thursday (02 May). With such a low-key launch for what should be a big event - and no announcements anywhere two days before the event - I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this channel.