Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

Highlighted
New poster

Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

Sky News has a short sport bulletin at approximatyely 25 minutes past the hour.  A long while ago - probably years - the preceding adverts used to cut into the start of the 7h25 bulletin.  I complained at the time and MC blamed Sky.  Whoevers fault uit was, it eventually came right.  But for a long while now it has returned with a vengeange at 7h25.  By comparing it with the 8h25 (which is usually OK) it seems that the missing part is about 30 seconds or even a minute.  I have also now started noticing it dusing the day.  I think in the past week it has happened three times at about 13h25.  (Although today the problem bulletin was after 13h30. )  I have even seen it happen going into the main news on the hour.

The sport bulletin is short, and typically the news regpreaching to a arded as most  important begins it.  Most times the ads are for DStv.  Or what wonderful work is done by MC.  Does MC not realise the idiocy of preaching to existing subscribers while cutting into a very short bull

33 REPLIES

Re: Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

@ArthurDG, On which channel did you see this? We would like to alert the responsible team.

New poster

The first two words of my post were "Sky News".  So 402.

New poster

This morning the Sky News sport bulletin was again cut into by ads at (appoximately) 7h25.  So I had to wait an hour to be able to see the three goals in the Spurs-Chelsea game.  By timing the latter's start, it seems that the intrusion was about 45 seconds.  But that's a significant part of a segment that is just a few minutes duration.  And especially annoying when the "ad" is one of the self-indulgent stories about how MC has changed the lives of a presenter or installer.  And their families, nogal!  Ads that are repeated ad nauseum to paying subscribers.

@ArthurDG 

We have reviewed and investigated the below break in question.

We did not have a break at 07:25 but we did at 07:27 and we received a cue tone for that break at 07:28.

We had a look at the start of the break and we did not crash into any content, it’s worth noting that sky news does not provide us with an opening bumper instead we have a second of black which acts like a bumper.

We did not cut into content, the break transitions were seamless.

We will keep on checking the channel particularly at the time in question to see if there are any anomalies.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@ArthurDG 

We have reviewed and investigated the below break in question.

We did not have a break at 07:25 but we did at 07:27 and we received a cue tone for that break at 07:28.

We had a look at the start of the break and we did not crash into any content, it’s worth noting that sky news does not provide us with an opening bumper instead we have a second of black which acts like a bumper.

We did not cut into content, the break transitions were seamless.

We will keep on checking the channel particularly at the time in question to see if there are any anomalies.

Do you reealise how the above does not makes sense? and ad break at 07:27 with a cue tone at 07:28? Clearly, there was an overlap here?  So content had to be lost ....

@OP  suggest you try and record an example and post that to show what you are seeing.

Accurate timing is everything in this game, especially if the ads are inserted from a different source as to the content.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

From our side we will keep monitoring but should you have time, do send us a mini video of the issue from your end.

New poster

I have a 34 meg mp4 of the problem from this morning.  How do I send it?

BoxOffice

@ArthurDG wrote:

I have a 34 meg mp4 of the problem from this morning.  How do I send it?

See if you can attach it - while posting there will be a "Browse" button under the posting box's left bottom corner.