cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

Hi @ArthurDG , the matter has been forwarded to the channel and we are awaiting feedback, apologies for the inconvenience.~ 

New poster

And again at 7h28 today.  DStv program promos cut into a full minute of the bulletin.  Why can this not be fixed?

New poster

It happened again this morning, this time somewhat bizarrely.  It would be amusing if it wasn't so annoying.  Because the words used in the DStv promo just before it cut into the 7h25 Sky sport bulletin, were (I kid you not):  "Don't miss a single moment, this September.  Only on DStv."

Yes, September.  On the morning of 2 October.  And perhaps yes, "only on DStv".  (A later promo punted the English Premier League coverage, saying that it "begins 10 August"  So perhaps we are going to have to watch that announcement for anything up to another seven months.)

By comparing it with the next bulletin just before 8h30, it was obvious that a full minute was cut from a duration of about 3'12". The report and all three goals of the Bournemouth/Crystal Palace game. 

Highlighted
New poster

Happened again this morning, just after 7h25.  Came in part of the way into what was probably the first item in the Sjy Sports bulletin.  Last night's Chelsea/Liverpool game.   But none of the goals.  From what I remember, started with view of Abromovich in the stands.  I forgot to check the 8h25 bulletin, so can't provide more detail.  Not that any is needed.  It is pretty obvious when it has cut in.

Hi @ArthurDG , the matter is being investigated, we will let you know as soon we have feedback.~ 

New poster

OK, trimmed it using Movie Maker to less than 5 meg.  Emailed as requested.  Very short, but enough to prove that there is a problem.

New poster

Foiled again.  The video was 14 meg so rejected because help@dstv.com has a 10 meg limitation.  Sigh.

New poster

I was emailed by MC and asked to send my video.  But it was 32 meg and so bigger than the Gmail max of 25, so as the problem had not re-occured I didn't want to bother with Drive or whatever, so I didn't send it.

But today it happened again, at the appoximately 7h25 time.  And comparing the footage an hour later, as usual a significant part was missed.  This time I created a much shorter transition video, which I have emailed.

Red Carpet

@GeoffD - I can see the video in your last post.

EDIT: I see it  has since been approved.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

Yeah.  I see that Firefox has Browse... and No files selected.  Edge has a blank box where Firefox has Browse..., and Browse... where Chrome and Firefox has No files selected.  Sigh.