cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

Red Carpet

Re: Sky Sport bulletin intrusive advertising

At the top of the Body section for posting messages, thare are two buttons, one for Photos and one for video.

Both of these should allow you to post a photo or a video, BUT, at the mement, immediate display of these files in the body of the message is subject to the Photo or videao being aproved first.  This approval process is lsow at best, if it works at all.  The reason why it may not work is because it seems both are subject to some or other "reward" scheme for mambers of the forum.

Have you tried to post the video in this way?

The video button works for me and will place a file in the body of the message, BUT, whether it is vsible to others' is another question.  I have placed a blank so-called youtube video and it would appear that I would be able to see this video if I had placed a genuine video.

Someone else would ahve to confrim if they actually "see" the video or just get a placeholder displayed 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

See my attachment on this post to see where the Browse button is.

If it won't work for your file, a Mod will have to offer an email address or something. You could try contacting one of them via PM (Private Messaging).

I can't help more.

New poster

Although it is the "Choose Files" button that I used.  Can't see "Browse".  It uploads the file but then rejects the format.

New poster

I have already tried that.  I doesn't allow mp4.  I don't have the allowable formats in front of me now, but I would have noticed if there was a video one.   Here is the text explanation that I was going to send:

My 34 meg video is of the start of today's "7h25" sport bulletin. From the last DStv promo ad it goes straight into an already started item about an aircraft banner protest at the Man United game. The bulletin an hour later has intros by presenter Sarah-Jane Mee and sport bulletin presenter Gavin Ramjaun. Then content before the banner item. Estimated missing content one minute, although I can't say for certain that the beginning content in the later bulletin was exactly the same as the missing part. I have a video of the latter  but it is 109 meg. 

Showmaxed

@ArthurDG wrote:

I have a 34 meg mp4 of the problem from this morning.  How do I send it?

See if you can attach it - while posting there will be a "Browse" button under the posting box's left bottom corner.

New poster

I have a 34 meg mp4 of the problem from this morning.  How do I send it?

Doin' it 4 Tv

From our side we will keep monitoring but should you have time, do send us a mini video of the issue from your end.

Red Carpet

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@ArthurDG 

We have reviewed and investigated the below break in question.

We did not have a break at 07:25 but we did at 07:27 and we received a cue tone for that break at 07:28.

We had a look at the start of the break and we did not crash into any content, it’s worth noting that sky news does not provide us with an opening bumper instead we have a second of black which acts like a bumper.

We did not cut into content, the break transitions were seamless.

We will keep on checking the channel particularly at the time in question to see if there are any anomalies.

Do you reealise how the above does not makes sense? and ad break at 07:27 with a cue tone at 07:28? Clearly, there was an overlap here?  So content had to be lost ....

@OP  suggest you try and record an example and post that to show what you are seeing.

Accurate timing is everything in this game, especially if the ads are inserted from a different source as to the content.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

@ArthurDG 

We have reviewed and investigated the below break in question.

We did not have a break at 07:25 but we did at 07:27 and we received a cue tone for that break at 07:28.

We had a look at the start of the break and we did not crash into any content, it’s worth noting that sky news does not provide us with an opening bumper instead we have a second of black which acts like a bumper.

We did not cut into content, the break transitions were seamless.

We will keep on checking the channel particularly at the time in question to see if there are any anomalies.

New poster

This morning the Sky News sport bulletin was again cut into by ads at (appoximately) 7h25.  So I had to wait an hour to be able to see the three goals in the Spurs-Chelsea game.  By timing the latter's start, it seems that the intrusion was about 45 seconds.  But that's a significant part of a segment that is just a few minutes duration.  And especially annoying when the "ad" is one of the self-indulgent stories about how MC has changed the lives of a presenter or installer.  And their families, nogal!  Ads that are repeated ad nauseum to paying subscribers.