cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Showmaxed

Re: The Lounge

Jhb Citypower website link working again, stage 3 continues...

Trending

My Area is Lombardy East (east side) 1B

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

i use this very good app and updated frequently

https://sepush.co.za/  eskomsepush ( android and Apple)

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

neither is any good ---- not available on MS store Man Tongue

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

LoadShedding Notifier is not available in IOS (as far as I know) . I'm using this app , Quite decent and accurate, although missing a few suburbs in Pta that I know of.  Haven't been off once, although scheduled for Sunday Monday and Tuesday. Maybe a minister moved in close by recently ....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Just heard stage 10 LS is imminent. That is where Eskom sends non-striking workers to your house to turn off the gas and blow out the candles.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Yes been like that since Friday. Occasionally, the link via the Eskom website works. Presumably, that is to keep Eskom happy. But if you access City power direct it always fails as per the errors you show. Tried a whole string of browsers as well.

Showmaxed

@Jan-Horn wrote:

It really does not seem all that serious. Look like someone is playing games. 

Crossed my mind as well Jan, but I think there's just wide incompetence.

Another example - just found that City Power's website is now down...

City power website down.jpg

BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Interesting that out Monday afternoon cut was 3 hours...

@GeoffD wrote:

There appears to be a second schedule available . If you know what the url is please quote it here.

I did see them mention an app for some smartphones for receiving alerts, but I've no idea about the details of course. Perhaps JP will have more to offer later.

I use the App Load shedding notifier from te app store . I checked  its schedule against the schedule listed  at Eskom and it is accurate. Takes a bit of time to understand how it works.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Very haphazard. On Monday we were supposed to be off form 18:00 to 20: 30 and it never went off. And that while a very urgent Stage 4 was implemented. Last night It went off 1 Hour after the scheduled start and came back on half an hour early. With stage 3 implemented since 08:00 this morning we are scheduled to be off from 08:00 to 11:30 and we still have power. It really does not seem all that serious. Look like someone is playing games. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab