cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

BoxOffice

Re: The Lounge

I agree I have been using Load shedding notifier since around November last year when I saw a Article rating it the beat load shedding app. I it has load of settings and can overdone things sometime. What I also like is that they are continuing to develop the app and  it is update regularly. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

I also use Load Shedding Notifier and it has been 100% accurate since I started using it. You just need to ensure you load the  correct area/group for your needs. I also get a message as soon as loadshedding is announced and a reminder about 15 minutes before my power goes down. You can load several areas/groups and it seems to work very well for Pretoria - I can't comment on how well it works in other cities though. If you can't find your specific area (not experienced this yet) you can just load any other area that falls in the same group as you - groups/suburb combinations are listed on the Tshwane website. As mentioned, it only rums on Android though - not on iOS. And set it to show ALL stages under settings - otherwise it is confusing to some people that don't totally understand how the phases work.

I do also have the other app mentioned on my phone (which does work on iOS) but yesterday, for  example, it had several Tshwane times wring - although they did do an update through the course of the day. I prefer the interface on the first one mentioned though.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Jhb Citypower website link working again, stage 3 continues...

Trending

My Area is Lombardy East (east side) 1B

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

i use this very good app and updated frequently

https://sepush.co.za/  eskomsepush ( android and Apple)

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

neither is any good ---- not available on MS store Man Tongue

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

LoadShedding Notifier is not available in IOS (as far as I know) . I'm using this app , Quite decent and accurate, although missing a few suburbs in Pta that I know of.  Haven't been off once, although scheduled for Sunday Monday and Tuesday. Maybe a minister moved in close by recently ....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Just heard stage 10 LS is imminent. That is where Eskom sends non-striking workers to your house to turn off the gas and blow out the candles.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Yes been like that since Friday. Occasionally, the link via the Eskom website works. Presumably, that is to keep Eskom happy. But if you access City power direct it always fails as per the errors you show. Tried a whole string of browsers as well.

Showmaxed

@Jan-Horn wrote:

It really does not seem all that serious. Look like someone is playing games. 

Crossed my mind as well Jan, but I think there's just wide incompetence.

Another example - just found that City Power's website is now down...

City power website down.jpg