The Lounge

Trending

Re: The Lounge

saw that hopefully they stick with no Load SheddingSmiley LOL

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Nominee

Thanks for the better news Geoff.

I was just able to get to the Citypower website and they confirm no load shedding currently underway.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

No LS  planned for today according to Eskom's website. BUT  that does not mean they won't spring a surprise on us later.

Tshwane's website is down as usual. So is city power, Telkom, Vodacom, and even DStv.com. 

Looks like a major DNS failure within Telkom.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Optimist, I'm not sure when exactly it was that you posted this last post of yours but I did see early this morning that we were at Stage 2 already. Or you simply making a statement with the emphasis being on the "perhaps things are back under control"? Sincerly hope they are but I somehow have my doubts.

Escom always seem to be having a problem when they want money as in increases or for the running of the organisation. Every time this is the case we have load shedding. Now we have talk of splitting of Escom into three sections and the unions are against this because of possible job losses. Being the pessimist that I am, or is that a realist?, I can see further destruction of property taking place should the government go ahead with this move to split Escom into three sections. 

Nominee

Load shedding has moved to stage 2 now, so perhaps things are back under control.

Anyone using the Citypower link - it works on and off at any given time.

Trending

OH DEAR

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Nominee

I know that the more modern forms of dictionaries and the like are more relaxed about their form of expression, but this one really takes the cake ;-)

sence - meaning.jpg

Trending

thanks will have a look at load shedding notifier
~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
BoxOffice

I agree I have been using Load shedding notifier since around November last year when I saw a Article rating it the beat load shedding app. I it has load of settings and can overdone things sometime. What I also like is that they are continuing to develop the app and  it is update regularly. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

I also use Load Shedding Notifier and it has been 100% accurate since I started using it. You just need to ensure you load the  correct area/group for your needs. I also get a message as soon as loadshedding is announced and a reminder about 15 minutes before my power goes down. You can load several areas/groups and it seems to work very well for Pretoria - I can't comment on how well it works in other cities though. If you can't find your specific area (not experienced this yet) you can just load any other area that falls in the same group as you - groups/suburb combinations are listed on the Tshwane website. As mentioned, it only rums on Android though - not on iOS. And set it to show ALL stages under settings - otherwise it is confusing to some people that don't totally understand how the phases work.

I do also have the other app mentioned on my phone (which does work on iOS) but yesterday, for  example, it had several Tshwane times wring - although they did do an update through the course of the day. I prefer the interface on the first one mentioned though.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).