cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Showmaxed

Re: The Lounge

Just a word of warning for those who haven't heard about this - the Jo'burg north-eastern suburbs have just been through a 23 hour power failure!!!

Some areas of Kempton Park are apparently into the EIGHTH DAY of no power!!!

Make preparations for freeze storing your food elsewhere if need be, and showering, and cooking, and....

Please don't discuss politics on this forum though, not allowed and quite rightly so.

Showmaxed

just a box.gif

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

I wonder similar in the other thread then edited it out, the announcement on MyBB mentioned they're only showing Protea related games.

So this was a once-off for the anything gets shown last practice day.

I just saw the article and posted the same in the other thread. Smiley LOL  To be honest, I don't expect the SABC to show much more than this live either (from prior World Cups).

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:
It will be interesting to see what they show live on there compared to what the SABC ends up showing live.

I wonder similar in the other thread then edited it out, the announcement on MyBB mentioned MC's only showing Proteas related games on SS13.

So this was a once-off for the anything gets shown last practice day.

Red Carpet

@GeoffD wrote:

SS13HD will carry and is carrying the Cricket World Cup!

Even us Plebs on Easyview have access to this special channel! Take a look, the warm-up games are on at the moment.

It's possibly related to the SABC reaching agreement with MC to broadcast the cricket. One way of keeping the lower package viewers from switching over. It will be interesting to see what they show live on there compared to what the SABC ends up showing live.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

SS13HD will carry and is carrying the Cricket World Cup!

Even us Plebs on Easyview have access to this special channel! Take a look, the warm-up games are on at the moment.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Oh, I agree. Even the 64 GB stick is inadequate.  Really a poor replacement for an MC PVR that we are all used to ---- that I can attest to from personal experience. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Those memory sticks are hardly ideal, and low capacity, quite awkward. Certainly makes at least the MC Access package more attractive than it would be.

They should allow for USB external HDDs.

Red Carpet

Apparently, the openviewhd.co.za domain is involved in an ownership fight.  That led to the new site.

Note, be careful which decoder you get not all the decoders around for OpenView are able to use a memory stick for the PVR functionality.

* Only compatible with latest decoder models (NA900 and DSD4165). Ask in store.

Showmaxed

Finally found an official website for OpenView HD, includes a contact email address & tel. no.

https://openviewforever.co.za/

Strange address, looks like the Ubuntu PC Operating System (OS) people or associates are using the expected more native "openviewhd.co.za" address which is odd as they wouldn't be standing in anyone's way.

And looks like there's something on Twitter as well, but I wouldn't know (or care) about that.

And some related news of concern:

OpenView to drop channels - MyBroadband