Need help?

The Lounge

Nominee

Re: The Lounge

You took me too seriously.

Red Carpet

Suicidally innovative does not count Man Surprised

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Seen by a friend of a friend - who said we're not innovative... ;-)

taxi.jpg

Nominee

bear.png

.adult.png

Doin' it 4 Tv

@krugie wrote:

@Beetle wrote:

I know there's at least one other that I've missed out on but cannot recall their name.  

Care to complete the list just for fun?

MadCat

Luke777

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

@Beetle wrote:

I know there's at least one other that I've missed out on but cannot recall their name.  

MadCat

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Don't worry Optimist I'm still here. Not very often I will admit and for the very reasons you have already stated. I wonder just how many people there are that do actually post on a regular, or fairly regular, basis? Role call, from memory 
Optimist

GeoffD

Jan Horn
Krugie
JeanP

Citanul
Toto?
Some fool called Beetle 
and ......... 

Edit. Mad Cat (Thanks Krugie)

Luke777 (Thanks Jan)

Nominee

So few regular people posting on the forum now, and with little to say... in many respects with good reason... so I guess I'm largely gone again as well.

To those still trying, thanks.

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

I'll make an honest confession here and state that for some unknown reason I've never, as far as I can recall, been to Clifton Beach. Think once long LONG ago I did walk down the pathway to the beach but we turned around and went back to the road. Or did we take a brief walk on the beach itself? This would have been at least sixty years back so excuse me if my memory doesn't recall this visit. 

Did swim in the pool alongside at Camps Bay beach but because it's a tidal pool the water does have a chance to warm up by a degree or two. But basically the water all along the West Coast is pretty cold. When we wanted to go to the beach, in my later years, it was always to either the Strand or Gordon's Bay where the water is from the Indian Ocean and is therefore a bit warmer than that on the West Coast side which is fed by the Atlantic Ocean. Indian Ocean also feeds the Muizenberg area so I suppose it would be similar in temperature to Gordon's Bay and the Strand. 

Don't know what Capetonians there are on this forum who could perhaps give further information regarding this subject. Or if anyone is even interested. 

Nominee

I always thought Clifton was the worst.

And Muizenberg about the warmest? (Although that since looked too enhabited by low-life characters the last time I was there.)