cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Red Carpet

Re: The Lounge

Snowq on a farm in the Hanover district, Karoo at 07:00 this morningIMG-20180908-WA0000.jpg

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

I saw that on News 24 this morning. But at 84 he had a good innings R,I,P,
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

Actor Burt Reynolds passed away on Thursday aged 82. R.I.P. He gave us some real light-hearted entertaining movies.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Recently we had another electric cables theft incident, learnt something really helpful from it.

This time it happened in our street, late one night. The replacement cables were the interesting part - from what was said to us, it turns out that Eskom and / or our municipality have now been doing the replacing with theft-proof cabling - looks like they're made of steel or aluminium, I would think some sort of electrically useful alloy design that's got little resale value. Excellent !

Would be interesting to find out what the replcement cables are, and the technical specs.  The problem is that it comes at a cost of power transmission efficiency, which means more power losses and hence pressure on tarriffs to make up for the losses.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Yes that is a very good idea. Should have done that yyyyyeeeeaaaarrrsss ago 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

Recently we had another electric cables theft incident, learnt something really helpful from it.

This time it happened in our street, late one night. The replacement cables were the interesting part - from what was said to us, it turns out that Eskom and / or our municipality have now been doing the replacing with theft-proof cabling - looks like they're made of steel or aluminium, I would think some sort of electrically useful alloy design that's got little resale value. Excellent !

Action

All makes sense to me now. So this proves that the Earth is indeed ..... flat?

BoxOffice

Omg 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Well said 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

I'm told that one of the debates that regularly goes on at the MyBB forums is the flat Earth theory. Maybe someone wants to show them the attached pic :-D

Trending

@Beetle wrote:

Songs of hers that I could remember were Respect and You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman.

RIP Aretha

Those are probably her best know songs but there are quite a few others that were massive hots for her. No one truly sang soul like she did. they showed a clip on CNN today where she was performing fairly recently at a charity event - and everyone sitting on stage - including Barak Obama - had tears in their eyes.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).