cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: The Lounge

I am sure we can find something much nicer than either of the two for a fellow old man like you. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Thanks Jan. Prior to your message I had sent a PM to Kagisho regarding him changing my avatar for me. He has already replied to me wanting to know which of the two photos in my album I want to use. So 1) he's very prompt in his replying to me and 2) I now wait to see whether I will no longer be a zombie. Or Optimist's preferred pig. Smiley Frustrated

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Beetle wrote:

When I learn how to post my own avatar then I'll possibly come up with something better. 

Unfortunately the  only way would be a PM request to one on the mods like @  to assist to get the Avatar setup activated on your profile. He did a great job in getting myself and Krugie sorted out. Perhaps you should give it a try 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Ha ha ha. Reason I changed my avatar to the Zombie one is because I was looking for something that looked more like me. When I learn how to post my own avatar then I'll possibly come up with something better. 
Perhaps I should call for suggestions as to which, of the avatars available to me, I should use? 

As for Optimist saying he quite liked the pig one......... Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! 

Nominee

I'm planing a break... (I really do plan to take themEmbarrassment.jpg)... so just wanted to end by saying that I don't like BB's new zombie avatar, the pig one sat much nicer on him.

Nominee

@Jan-Horn wrote:

I have seen Santonman once  or twice on the Forum.  So he just very quite and has not absconded. If I remember correctly his profile show 2 posts

Unfortunately you're just seeing him visit the fieldtrials section, the only place he now posts as he thinks this version of the forum is a waste of time...

Doin' it 4 Tv

Thanks Jan. Nice to know. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

I have seen Santonman once  or twice on the Forum.  So he just very quite and has not absconded. If I remember correctly his profile show 2 posts

Doin' it 4 Tv

Ok. So the Kudu thing will still be used as a "like" button from me from now on. However, I am shocked" that it cannot be used to make biltong. Next some idiot who doesn't know better will be telling me there's no Father Christmas or that the world is round? Those people really should be locked up to save the rest of us sane people from them. 

Optimist, I'm pretty much doing the same as I was doing in the past. Which is pretty much nothing other than watching tv, mostly sport, and alternating between Facebook and Twitter. Odd trip to the shop when the wife beats me up to take her. I very seldom bother with coming on the Community anymore because there's very seldom anything happening thats of interest to me. The football thread is pretty much dead and buried mainly, I think, because manchester united are, or were, in decline. So Toto and one or two others are in hiding. Expect them to reappear once united start winning more of their games. Sandtonman has absconded so things are, as I've said, pretty dead. 

Periodically I do still come take a look at what's happening here, as I did today, but no longer as interested as I was a couple of months ago. Would seem as if a lot of the other regulars from then have also moved on. But I'm pleased to see that other of the regulars are still here and keeping the Forum going. 

At the moment Cape Town is experiencing exceptionally hot weather for this time of the year. Temperatures over the past couple of days have been around 38C. Leave the cover on the pool and the water becomes similar to bath water which is too hot. Take the cover off and the water evapourates and we cannot fill the pool. So, if wanting to swim it's a case of taking the cover off, jump in, swim, get out and put the cover back on. Fortunately it's one of those plastic bubble type covers so easy enough to put on and take off. Weatherman has indicated that it's going to be even warmer this coming weekend. EINAAAAAA!!!!!! But they have been known to be wrong before so here's hoping.

Guess that about sums up my first long post for awhile now. Hope nobody fell asleep during the reading of it? Also expecting lots of kudus from my millions of followers. Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Doin' it 4 Tv

That Kudo thing........ You can't make biltong with it so use it for a thankyou or I like it or whatever Man Wink