Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

81 REPLIES
Action

Re: The Lounge

GeoffD - thanks for the link but it's not all that important so I'll let it go. 

Optimist - you disappoint me. I'm going to miss the banter. And the insults. At the moment I'm receiving lots of insults and "advice" from the wife but I've long since learnt how to turn a deaf ear to her comments. Too late in life to change that now. 

Krugie and JeanP - Yes, I notice that most of the posts currently being made are coming from yourselves in the Series or Movies Section. I haven't looked to see how many views each post is receiving but I wouldn't be surprised if the totals are down compared to a few months ago. Also wondering how most are now receiving their help from MC? Help which they could have previously received from the "intelligent ones" here. 

Anyone got anything interesting to say, add? 

BoxOffice

@JeanP wrote:

Seems to be dying very slowly and painfully

Yup - exactly like I predicted it was going to quite early on - due to lack of MC involvement.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

I agree with you all. This "community" if it can still be called that more like ghost town, Seems to be dying very slowly and painfully

We can't keep it alive all by ourselves 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
BoxOffice

Hardly here now BB, you'll have to get your insults elsewhereStick Out Toungue.jpg

Highlighted
BoxOffice

If you are still around Beetle, then this is where you will find your posts if they just vanish

https://community.dstv.com/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/

And yes,  there is very little going on. There are a few of us still around and we post when something comes up, but frankly, the MC support we get is really thin.

As to reporting issues myself?

I have found it is not worth the effort. If it involves EPG issues, the attention is poor, and sometimes just reporting an issue triggers off even more problems.

There is one that I have learnt to live with because of this. because I know if I report it they are going start fiddling and that will result in identifiers being reset then lots of things break. So as it does not interfere with my schedules, I will leave it be.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

Well this is very strange and yet another failure on the part of this Community Forum. 

Yesterday, I typed a fairly long message here advising that I was just popping in to see what was going on and then added one or two other comments. Saw it as being posted. Now that post is no longer here. However, the problem MAY have been with my later going back and making an edit to the post. 

I notice that things are fairly dead here. Not just the Lounge but elsewhere as well. Oh, there are a couple of posts in the movies and series forums but that's about it. Even the Community Help posts seem to have dried up? When I looked yesterday I noticed, if I was looking correctly, that there's been NO new posts for the past MONTH!!!!!! Or have I missed them?

So, with the Community Forum all but being dead and not knowing how long we'll be communicating with each other I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has ever helped me in any way with whatever problem it was that I was having. THANK YOU!!! Also to all the others who joined in with banter, INSULTS - yes Optimist and Toto, even you two Smiley Very Happy, and whatever sort of communication we may have had together I'd like to say thanks for the fun and help. There are lots of you and I'm afraid that if I start mentioning names I'll be certain to leave someone out. Although not meeting any of you in person, thankfully perhaps, it has always been a fun filled community for myself. So to all of you ... thanks. 

Hopefully, things will liven up and we'll be able to continue as we have in the past with lots more banter and news. But I do fear for the future of this Community of ours. 

BoxOffice

@JeanP wrote:

Stan Lee has died today aged 95. Rest in peace you will be missed 😭😩😇

How strange, we decided to watch the CU+ movie Mallrats again yesterday - not something done often, and the first of our choices to have Stan Lee guest starring in it.

RIP

Doin' it 4 Tv

Stan Lee has died today aged 95. Rest in peace you will be missed 😭😩😇

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Action

Optimist, Rami was very good in the role and wouldn't be surprised if, like many others have mentioned, he doesn't at least get nominated for an Oscar. 

Also started watching season one of Mr Robot but packed up on it after a few episodes. Just couldn't get "into" it. Was so unimpressed that as I sit here now I cannot even recall what it was all about. Old age strikes again. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

I really liked season 1, season 2 was weird season 3 on SHOWMAX was a very good season. Can't say I'm surprised it got cancelled sort of expected it after months of no word. If it was a popular show it won't be quiet for very long 

as as they say the devil is in the detail. 

Same me as what happened to outcast. They made a HUGE!! push for season 1 which was rather successful, the show died after season 2 when it wasn't aired in America until a year after fox worldwide aired it (again why the year wait ) the list can go on and on 

--Explora 1 & 2a--