cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Showmaxed

Re: The Lounge

Anyone else having issues deciphering the load shedding schedules?

We're on the edge of two suburbs.

Street address is in suburb A.

Property and municipal address are in suburb B.

In the past the schedules for both were the same. That's no longer the case.

And based on the schedules so far it seems the electric lines belong to suburb A even though the municipality itself consider us as being in B.......

Only in this country :-/

Red Carpet

Ouch! Only seems to get better around Sunday.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

@Optimist YIP WHAT FUN!!!!Smiley Frustrated

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

I hear we're in for scorching temperatures in Gauteng today.... :-(

Jo'burg - 37

Pretoria - 39

BoxOffice

I was moderator for the local forum of a very large international firm. Because the brand name was very recognisable it attracted spamming like flies. There were only 4 moderators and on a bad day you had to deal with literally hundreds a month. Mainly advertising for counterfeit goods and other stuff. To reduce the flow we switched to moderator approval of all new  registrations. That way we could run user names email addresses and IP addresses through several spam databases before signing off on registration allowing access. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

its horrible. last bunch i saw was a nigerian thing which had nothing to do with DSTV 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
BoxOffice

May be we are just lucky that we saw the few that  sneaked through the spam filters. I just had a quick look at the  spam log of the unrelated forum I am moderating and our spam filters blocked 16800 spam attacks. And that is on a small insignificant forum. 😎 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Trending

The original forum didn't have spam posters 

This one does  so not fair 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

And the same to you and your family, Beetle

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Firstly I don't think that we should simply accept bad service from any provider. So, I'm not going to stop complaining or/complimenting someone, or some organisation as I see fit. We stop complaining and sit back and do nothing and, in the case of Multichoice we lose content. Yes, like the FA Cup matches. So, complaining has it's uses and helps keep companies on their toes. Even if some companies take little to no notice of the complaints. Ok, sometimes perhaps I also need to understand that I cannot always get what I want and maybe go overboard in asking for something but I'll rather ask/complain and receive an answer. Even if it's an answer I don't want to hear. 
Perhaps Optimist has the right idea and companies need to learn from their mistakes but I'll stick to my being a complaining nuisance and pest. 

Then secondly, may I wish everyone who reads this message a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may you all be blessed with much happiness and good fortune during 2019. If driving anywhere, whether it be on holiday or simply going visiting, please take care on the road and get back safely. Here's to a wonderful 2019 to you all. God bless.