cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Need help?

The Lounge

BoxOffice

Re: The Lounge

its horrible. last bunch i saw was a nigerian thing which had nothing to do with DSTV 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

May be we are just lucky that we saw the few that  sneaked through the spam filters. I just had a quick look at the  spam log of the unrelated forum I am moderating and our spam filters blocked 16800 spam attacks. And that is on a small insignificant forum. 😎 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

The original forum didn't have spam posters 

This one does  so not fair 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
BoxOffice

And the same to you and your family, Beetle

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

Firstly I don't think that we should simply accept bad service from any provider. So, I'm not going to stop complaining or/complimenting someone, or some organisation as I see fit. We stop complaining and sit back and do nothing and, in the case of Multichoice we lose content. Yes, like the FA Cup matches. So, complaining has it's uses and helps keep companies on their toes. Even if some companies take little to no notice of the complaints. Ok, sometimes perhaps I also need to understand that I cannot always get what I want and maybe go overboard in asking for something but I'll rather ask/complain and receive an answer. Even if it's an answer I don't want to hear. 
Perhaps Optimist has the right idea and companies need to learn from their mistakes but I'll stick to my being a complaining nuisance and pest. 

Then secondly, may I wish everyone who reads this message a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may you all be blessed with much happiness and good fortune during 2019. If driving anywhere, whether it be on holiday or simply going visiting, please take care on the road and get back safely. Here's to a wonderful 2019 to you all. God bless. 

Trending

My New Year's resolution - try to complain / report less, companies must learn from their mistakes if service can ever be hoped to improve.

Action

Thanks JeanP and the same to you and your family. Also to anyone else who happens to be reading this may you, and your families, have a blessed Christmas with much joy, peace and happiness. God bless you all. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

BoxOffice

Merry Christmas everyone πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
--Explora 1 & 2a--
Action

GeoffD is it only the servers that are overseas or are those moderating our posts from this Community Site also stationed there? I always thought that this site was being run locally? However, whether locally or from overseas MC need to get people at the top who know what they are doing. Whoever is now in charge, or has been for the past three or so years, is making a complete mess of things. Both with their Forums and content. Better just leave it there. For now anyway.

As for Facebook and Twitter? I do see a couple of "helps" being given there by MC personel but it's mostly of the "send me your details via DM and someone will contact you" reply. Which is great and to be appreciated but often, as we saw on the old forum, answers given by the "knowledgeable ones" here, were of considerable help to others as well. I know that some of the help offered to others went a long way to assisting me as well. Obviously, there are certain queries that need to be confidential but certainly not every one. 

Will agree though that one needs to be careful about who one has as a friend on Facebook. Even then one can still get inundated with some unwanted news feeds. But overall, I find Facebook a way of keeping in contact with family and friends from upcountry and a few overseas. This doesn't mean I haven't deleted some. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

I deleted my Facebook account when I got fed up with all the fake news and other tripe that my "friends" felt obliged to share with me. It is not that easy to get out of face book permanently. Just google it and find out how to go about it. Twitter I never joint and never will 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab