cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

BoxOffice

Re: The Lounge

I have just looked at the City power websites, and It will probably take me a good few hours to find out at what times the LS is happening!. What a stoopid website that one is! Competing with CT for being difficult to navigate!. What browser does it work with IE 1?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

If only Tshwane would add a few lines with dates in their main SS, it would help.

Then simplify the suburb look up tables and all will be okay.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Those 4.5 hour blocks for Jo'burg aren't real in our experience, they just seem to be a max option which is similar to the past. Currently we're only seeing about a 3 hours cut on stage 4 so hopefully it will be normally less, it's been 2 to 2,5 hours in the past.

The start time was very inaccurate as well, about 1 hour 17 min. into the timeslot.

We also have to single out info, what area and what stage to access, which would make printing a nightmare in my case (which of the two suburbs is still not certain).

To complicate things more, there's two entries listed for each timeslot which so far are all identical, can't figure out what that's about. (Clicking on either gives further details, also identical. Found that out by accident.)

Ridiculous and / or impractically overloaded management in this country all too often.

BoxOffice

I also find the Tshwane ones quite easy to understand but, based on Facebook comments and enquiries, it feels as if I am the only one. Man LOL It also doesn't help that some of the apps sometimes have incorrect or outdated info - and then there is still non-loadshedding related breakdown in-between to cope with and explain.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Tshwane schedules are difficult to read, but once you get to understand what they are about, pretty clear.

Cape Town schedules are just a mess. One has to extract the details for your area to make sense of it.

PE punishes some severely and others less severe.

It seems that the incompetence levels in how to produce documents that are easy to read and understand is severely lacking.

Eskom's schedules are pretty good, BUT I have rarely seen such complex formulas being used in a spreadsheet!  I did an exercise on their layouts and could do the same thing with far simpler formulas.

JHB has an anomaly. City power works on 4-hour blocks, whereas just about everywhere else, the power blocks are 2 hours. This means in the economic hub of the country, power outages can be up to 4,5 hours long! A ridiculous situation, making LS economically very bad for JHB. 4,5 hours is most of a working day!

What is worse, is that all the telecom service providers have cut back on standby power, down to less than an hour. So the networks go down. Then you have the move toward fibre which has power hungry nodes scattered all over the place. These nodes have stby time of as little as 15 minutes, which means the fibre networks go down even if the major nodes stay up. The cell phone mast feeding our area immediately drops back to 3G and even 2G after about 30 minutes. So gradually, we go completely dark!.

Trending

Anyone else having issues deciphering the load shedding schedules?

We're on the edge of two suburbs.

Street address is in suburb A.

Property and municipal address are in suburb B.

In the past the schedules for both were the same. That's no longer the case.

And based on the schedules so far it seems the electric lines belong to suburb A even though the municipality itself consider us as being in B.......

Only in this country :-/

BoxOffice

Ouch! Only seems to get better around Sunday.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

@Optimist YIP WHAT FUN!!!!Smiley Frustrated

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

I hear we're in for scorching temperatures in Gauteng today.... :-(

Jo'burg - 37

Pretoria - 39

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

I was moderator for the local forum of a very large international firm. Because the brand name was very recognisable it attracted spamming like flies. There were only 4 moderators and on a bad day you had to deal with literally hundreds a month. Mainly advertising for counterfeit goods and other stuff. To reduce the flow we switched to moderator approval of all new  registrations. That way we could run user names email addresses and IP addresses through several spam databases before signing off on registration allowing access. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab