cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The Lounge

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: The Lounge

Thanks GeoffD. I don't know how long the heading was displayed under the Community Forum but for some reason or other I only today noticed this group. My curiosity was aroused hence my post. But thanks for clearing that for me. Once again much appreciated. 

Red Carpet

It is a group of us that found ourselves sort of part of the Field Triallists but were not actually field triallists.  We were then given an alternative "home" basically to get "rid of us" when MC tried to blow some life into the part of the community that was supposed to be dedicated to field trials of new decoders.

There was supposed to be more MC involvement but none of the materialised, and we were given very little "power" until recently when Optimist tried to blow some life into the group.

The idea was that we would end up getting some more technical support?

Advance warnings of sw updates, decoder upgrades, new decoders etc.

But sadly, that just does not happen. Unless we post nothing happens.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

First time I noticed this but when logging into the Forum I saw something about a special "experienced", I think it was Group belonging to this Forum. Has ten members. What's this about? Something we all should be joining or what's the purpose of this? 

Trending

This wasn't shipped through post office. was fastway couriers
~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

@JeanP wrote:

Amazon UK, is really an amazing company 

ordered something on saturday it arrived this morning

I used them often at one stage - especially for music DVDs that were not available locally - or were ridiculously expensive locally - and were always very impressed with their service and speed as well. But then items started "disappearing" after arriving in SA thanks to the Post Office...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

Amazon UK, is really an amazing company 

ordered something on saturday it arrived this morning

its faster than takealot, bought something there too same day only arriving on the 6th according to app

should be noted both were standard shipping 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

Hi @Beetle - I am away from home at the moment so can't check details. When I started using my box I was unable to find a web browser as well but more recently I did manage to find one in the app store - although it was not Chrome or anything familiar. I remember I used the voice control to search for "web browser" but can't recall the name of the one I managed to find. It is VERY clumsy to navigate though - hardly worth the effort - unless you maybe have a mouse or keyboard connected?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Krugie, are you still here? 

My MiBox Media Player S arrived today. From what I can see, and understand, it is the latest model. Netflix, Showmax, You Tube work well but, although it's supposed to be Google Certified I cannot see where the Google Chrome app is? If it is? The device doesn't seem to have any Internet type access other than the Google Store which doesn't display Internet Search Engines. The store does have quite a few apps available on it but it's only these that can be downloaded to the device. What I had to do with Showmax. Fortunately, the Box does allow for Chromecasting so I can perhaps stream from the phone to the box and then the tv. Would prefer to have the Chrome/Firefox or whatever web browser I'd like to use available on the Box itself but if not available I do at least have a work around. 

Should you have knowledge on how I can download a Web Browser could you please advise me of the way to go about this. Thanks. 

But for R999 and after only a few minutes of testing I will say that, the browser thing apart, I'm quite happy with my experience of the Box. So far. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

I wonder if it is really that much of a waste of resources having to use two different days, or people, to collect the usual rubbish and the recycled ones? Looking at the amount of recycled items that fill the truck that comes to collect them it would mean that the rubbish truck would get filled quite quickly and would need to make more trips to the dump before it could continue on it's route. Then there is also the problem of seperating the two collections as well. So, perhaps a trifle more expensive from the point of pickup but maybe thereafter it's a saving? Simply taking the one lot of rubbish to the dump while the other lot got directly to wherever it is that the recycling takes place? 

Optimist, I know that the recycled articles would be put through some sort of cleaning process before being reused but you try telling that to my wife!!!! Every plastic bottle or article that can be washed gets a wash. Then it all gets emptied out of our bin to land amongst all the other plastic stuff in the truck. Most of which, I'm certain, hasn't seen a drop of water. So, our nice clean plastic gets dirty again. SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM!!!

Nominee

So the only consistency is non-consistency. Transparent bags and small wheelie bins in the same wider city area, and we're given mostly opaque bags.

BB, all recycled material is put through a lot of cleaning processes so not necessary, although we do try be reasonable, and with a wipe where really needed.

And everyone having to do the put out / ( and for BB also take in) effort twice a week, while they use twice the resources to collect it. Seems silly, and really wasteful.