Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DC Heroes PopUp - Telkom logo???

6 REPLIES
Doccie

Re: DC Heroes PopUp - Telkom logo???

I don't know, stopped watching at that point. I'm not sure what is worse, a small Telkom logo all movie or a big Nissan ad that comes and goes (I assume it went away after a while) but I'm not prepared to sit through that - have many choices when it comes to media these days and I simply don't enjoy trying to watch a movie with that going on.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Oh!!🙄  How long was it there before it went away ( Nissan ad)

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Highlighted
Doccie

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@RyanDavidand @JacoHD, we're listening - we've sent to the relevant channel to look into and advise. 

Thanks for responding.

I tried once more, last night when Green Lantern was on. This time the Telkom logo disappeared after a while, which seemed like an improvement. Then this happened and I switched off (not sure if images are working on the board now so will drop a link). Will leave it there, you have my feedback.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes the telkom logo is very annoying and in the way. We get it telkom is the sponsor but but logo after and before movies 

--Explora 1 & 2a--

@RyanDavid and @JacoHD, we're listening - we've sent to the relevant channel to look into and advise. 

Doccie

I'm actually afraid for the staff at MC. In the US just just week it was announced cable/sattelite providers have lost over 1Million subcribers due to cord-cutting. 

The reason is ADAPT or DIE. The right people at MC is not paying attention to this forum, and they make mistakes OVER and OVER and OVER again.

BUT they will learn eventually and I think it will be too late. 

Doccie

DC Heroes PopUp - Telkom logo???

Just checked out the new popup channel, I was almost afraid to after the hugely intrusive logos which ruined the great ideas of the Top 100 and other movie popups we've had - which seemed completely unnecessary, but I can't remember if anyone even responded to our feedback about the issue on the old forums, let alone took it into account for future popups.

What do I find? Not only another big 'Heroes' logo, but a bright blue Telkom logo in the other corner. Just great. That's what we get for a Premium subscription. I know some people don't care about bright logos in dark scenes (The Dark Knight Rises is on now), but sadly it ruins the movie for me. I guess I'll no longer be checking out your popups, and something which could have been a great reason to stay with DSTV in an increasingly competitive marketplace will instead leave a sour taste in my mouth. Hope the extra sponsorship money was worth it in the long run.

As a parting comment, I hope you consider that many people are watching content in higher quality and on better screens as time goes on and ruining the effect with intrusive logos / bad cropping or anything else is an issue for some of us. I expect a good quality product, not something that looks like Youtube or other free sites. Perhaps there are lots of people out there who don't care and this will work out for you, but many people I know are canceling Premium subs for a variety of reasons.