Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

M-Net Movies EPIC pop-up channel on DStv from 22 March

9 REPLIES 9
Trending

Re: M-Net Movies EPIC pop-up channel on DStv from 22 March

I fully agree  @Beetle - having pop-up ads should be banned outright but to not notice that it covers sub-titles is unforgivable. It is no different to having a voice-over announcement while dialogue is in progress.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

"Quality control... or the lack of it..."

Yep, that I'll agree to. But, as I've posted in a more recent post, this promo doesn't last for too long before it goes away and then the movie is promo free. But still ridiculous the way they feel it necessary to advertise an upcoming movie during the movie that one is watching. Especially when the promo covers the subtitles. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Ryan David please DO NOT DELETE THE FILM DAS BOOT!!!! Perhaps I never made it quite clear in my previous post so just to clarify. The obtrusive advert is only on for a short while at the beginning of the film. It then goes away and doesn't return. So, although it's an irritant and something which in my view should never be shown during a movie it doesn't stay onscreen for any length of time. I just don't see the necessity of having this displayed for even a few seconds. There's enough time for advertisements during the commercial breaks. 

Bottom line is that the movie is close on three hours long of which the advert is for about ..... 30 seconds? So, I hope you read this before you go and delete the movie. (In my previous post I did state that the advert was on for only a short time but perhaps you missed this?). Sorry for any confusion.

Trending

Quality control... or the lack of it...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Telenovela

That's sad to hear, had recorded Das Boot but now I'll delete it and get it elsewhere. That sort of thing really frustrates me, like the logos on the Bucket List and other pop-ups - unneccessary stuff that ruins what should be a good experience, for no good reason. Smiley Sad

Doin' it 4 Tv

Showing some great movies on this channel so thank you M-net. However, being me, I have to have a gripe about something or other. Sorry about this but last night I was watching a recording I'd made of the movie Das Boot. Being a German made movie it had English subtitles and guess what? While the subtitles are on I get to see an advert for some forthcoming movie right over these subtitles. Not understanding German I have no idea as to what was being said. 
Having this adverts on display during any movie is bad enough but surely some care could be taken when the movie has subtitles. Thankfully, this advertisement wasn't on for too long but it still irritated me. Why do we even need to have these adverts during a movie? Totally unneccesary in my view. Advertise forthcoming movies by all means but do so during the breaks BETWEEN the movies and not during them. 
PS. I haven't yet seen the rest of the movie Das Boot so am fully expecting to see this obtrusive advert again sometime during the remaining footage. 

Telenovela

Yep, enjoying some of the movies on this channel - and the logo is much less intrusive than some of the previous ones. Thanks. Replacing some of my old recordings of things like The Deer Hunter from the Bucket List days for that very reason!

Enjoying seeing Band of Brothers too, been years since I saw it. Just noticed my series recording skipped episode 7 for some reason so now hoping it'll be repeated in the near future Robot Sad

Trending

i see the logo for this channel is much smaller than the others has been 

THANK YOU Heart

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doin' it 4 Tv

Just took a look at this week's screenings and there are some very good movies going to be shown. First one up is, was?, The Longest Day dealing with the D-Day landings. Was very good way back then but may be a bit too ..... sanitized? for today's audience. Should still be worth a watch though. In amongst all the movies, war and otherwise, is the series Band of Brothers. This has been shown on Mnet before but I'd wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet seen it. Lots of good to excellent war movies being screened during this first week along with a couple of non war ones. Spartacus, starring Kirk Douglas was very good when it first came out but having seen it again not too long ago it does appear a bit dated. But, if you have nothing else to watch, it may be worthwhile. I'll POSSIBLY give Pearl Harbour another viewing. Wasn't in the least bit impressed by it when I first saw it. Not following all the hype that came out with it at the time. Maybe that was the problem. I was expecting too much?

Anyway we all have our own likes and dislikes when it comes to films so if you have not yet browsed the onscreen TV Guide for this channel then perhaps you ought to do so. You may find something to your liking. 

Trending

M-Net Movies EPIC pop-up channel on DStv from 22 March

M-Net and MultiChoice to run the M-Net Movies EPIC pop-up channel on DStv from 22 March featuring films showcasing the greatest cinematic battles of all time.

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2019/01/brave-hearts-m-net-and-multichoice-to.html