Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HDPVR

3 REPLIES 3
Red Carpet

Re: HDPVR

@AgenteDSTVTETE wrote:

hi, Yes you can, but you need to go multichoice shop, to ask the transfer of the hdpvr to your account, make sure you take a letter(telling that he is giving to you the decoder) and id from previous owner. you can even add it as a third point of viewing.

regards 

Dinis

Some inaccuracies here. Firstly, it can be done by phone and the proof of sale etc. sent in electronically.

Secondly, it can't be added as a third point of viewing - only modern decoders can ever be used in a 3-decoder XtraView (XV) arrangement so the older HD PVR's cannot be included in that.

New poster

hi, Yes you can, but you need to go multichoice shop, to ask the transfer of the hdpvr to your account, make sure you take a letter(telling that he is giving to you the decoder) and id from previous owner. you can even add it as a third point of viewing.

regards 

Dinis

Trending

Yes you can break the XV link between the Explora and the HD decoder and then activate the HDPVR, AFTER it has been transferred into your name.

Having just gone through the process, the best is for you and the friend to go together to an MC office or agency together with your ID documents to do the transfer.  

After that is complete couple the HD PVR to Explora under XV.

You can't change the SC, it must use the SC that came with the HD PVR.

There may be some installtion challenges though. What LNB is installed?  And how does the HB cable run?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

HDPVR

Good Morning, 

I have a Explora in my TV room with an extra HD decoder in my main bed room and just received a HDPVR decoder from a friend that he no longer use. I was wondering if I could replace the HD decoder in my bed room with the HDPVR decoder and still use my smart card? 

Kind Regards