cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing tv guide and other features

SOLVED

Re: Missing tv guide and other features

@AntonHans, you will need to swap the decoder since tuner 3 has failed as seen under Home Network Settings. Tuner Status will show tuner 3 field since the tabs are hard coded, but the frequency values will be corrected, VOD, EPG and Apps are downloaded from the same tuner. 

Highlighted

@AntonHans wrote:

Helle Grace,

I first noticed the problem immediately after a software update a few months ago, then i saw another software update being downloaded about one or two weeks ago (but i'm not sure about the exact time), hoping the second update would fix the problem but alas, it did not. That's when i decided to post about the problem in the community.
No, my apps (Supersport, News and Weather) also dont work whereas previously they did. 

I uploaded 3 pics, two show there is no tuner 3 on Home networks and Istallation Wizard (Manual set-up) but when i check tuner status on 'Tools', it shows there is a tuner 3 aswell as signal strenght and qaulity. 

@AntonHans - we're checking with our decoder operations team on  this. Can you confirm the current software version you have on the decoder in question. 

Red Carpet

Whatever is wrong, the values shown for tuner 3 are not at all good. The skew angle adjustment needs to be improved

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Helle Grace,

I first noticed the problem immediately after a software update a few months ago, then i saw another software update being downloaded about one or two weeks ago (but i'm not sure about the exact time), hoping the second update would fix the problem but alas, it did not. That's when i decided to post about the problem in the community.
No, my apps (Supersport, News and Weather) also dont work whereas previously they did. 

I uploaded 3 pics, two show there is no tuner 3 on Home networks and Istallation Wizard (Manual set-up) but when i check tuner status on 'Tools', it shows there is a tuner 3 aswell as signal strenght and qaulity. 

@AntonHans, when did you start having this problem as the software upgrade was done almost weeks now? Can you kindly confirm if you can access your Apps (like your SuperSport - weather and news). Also send us a screen shot of your tuner 3 status to help. 

New poster

and it's an Explora Decoder, the first one not the second one

New poster

i have an Elsat Dish installed but i dont know what the LNB is. where would i find that out. i see that the problem is also that i cannot watch catch up shows since the update. A friend of mine has the same problem regarding no information showing in the TV Guide. 

Red Carpet

No, you have to find out what has changed in the setup or configuration of the decoder and if it is related to an installation issue, fix the problem.

So first step is to tell us which decoder and what LNB it is connected to. We will then be able to help you in identifying what settings have changed and how to fix it.

The problem is MC  is not very careful about how the sw updates happen and very often, the network settings are reset to defaults which causes problems for those that have an installation that is very specific.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem with no information and only what's on now and next program appearing, and box office does not load when it previously did. I first noticed the problem after a software update a few months ago. is there anyway to reverse the a software update?

Red Carpet

You have a signal failure on one of the LNB connections. What LNB do you have installed? Which decoder is it? Is there a Multi switch installed?

Check the signal strengths on all the tuners available and let us know what the signal strengths and quality values are.