Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing tv guide and other features

SOLVED
18 REPLIES
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Re: Missing tv guide and other features

Okay so in other words, the scenario as we have always had, stands. It is what we all (MC representatives on the Community and members alike) describe as "take your decoder in for checking and possible swop out".

If covered by an insurance plan, no charge for the swopped out decoder.

If in warranty, a new decoder is issued.

If no insurance and not in warranty, R 600payable for a refurbished decoder.

A lot of noise about nothing .

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

@GeoffD, yes, @Gilbert can pay the abovementioned amount to repair his decoder. Both scenarios apply depending on whether or not the agency has a refurbished decoder already in their shelves. If they have it, he will be given the refurbished decoder but if they don't have it in shelves, he will have to wait for his decoder to be fixed. The fix might take 7 working days. 

BoxOffice

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @AntonHans, you can only swop older PVR decoders and older single view decoders. If you don't have insurance for the Explora, you'll be required to pay the above mentioned amount to fix the decoder. 

MC, The above statement is confusing.

There has always been a charge payable when decoders are taken in for repair. What has happened in the past is the faulty decoder was taken in and the customer was issued with a refurbished decoder.

Are you saying that now, NO  refurbished decoders are issued and the customer has to wait until his decoder is repaired and returned to him.?

There is a subtle difference between the two scenarios.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

Hi @AntonHans, you can only swop older PVR decoders and older single view decoders. If you don't have insurance for the Explora, you'll be required to pay the above mentioned amount to fix the decoder. 

BoxOffice

What? Never heard of this before. Do you have decoder insurance? If so then MC will swop out the faulty decoder at MC agencies at no charge. That is the purpose of the insurance plan.

If you don't have insurance and the decoder is out of warranty, you pay R 600 and they give you a refurbished decoder.

This is the first time I have heardvof them now taking your decoder in for repair.

New poster

Hi, just called Multi-choice now and they advised that swops are for PVR decoders since they are not made anymore but swops are not done for Explora. I was advised that since my decoder is out of warranty i will have to purchase new one or pay an amount of roughly R600- to fix current one. 

New poster

i have uploaded a pic with details regarding the current software on my system.

please advise if all is in order.

@AntonHans, you will need to swap the decoder since tuner 3 has failed as seen under Home Network Settings. Tuner Status will show tuner 3 field since the tabs are hard coded, but the frequency values will be corrected, VOD, EPG and Apps are downloaded from the same tuner. 

@AntonHans wrote:

Helle Grace,

I first noticed the problem immediately after a software update a few months ago, then i saw another software update being downloaded about one or two weeks ago (but i'm not sure about the exact time), hoping the second update would fix the problem but alas, it did not. That's when i decided to post about the problem in the community.
No, my apps (Supersport, News and Weather) also dont work whereas previously they did. 

I uploaded 3 pics, two show there is no tuner 3 on Home networks and Istallation Wizard (Manual set-up) but when i check tuner status on 'Tools', it shows there is a tuner 3 aswell as signal strenght and qaulity. 

@AntonHans - we're checking with our decoder operations team on  this. Can you confirm the current software version you have on the decoder in question. 

BoxOffice

Whatever is wrong, the values shown for tuner 3 are not at all good. The skew angle adjustment needs to be improved