Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PVR Decoders: Inexplicable Authentication Issues

25 REPLIES 25
Nominee

Re: PVR Decoders: Inexplicable Authentication Issues: The Latest

I'm fine in this case Thoko thank you, I was just adding knowledge, only @GeoffD  is known to be having the usual problems caused by these incidents on his HD PVRs.

@Optimist Are you sorted?. 

Nominee

Last night they were definitely doing wide authentication adjustments, I believe of the type relating to their Back End.

Various types of inactive s/c suggested they may have been working on 341, and also saw work on the Classic FM radio feed which gives them lots of trouble for some reason.

And I was up late, noticed well into the morning that they hadn't closed off the process properly. No regard for structure or discipline at this company.

Red Carpet

Another weekend, another round of messing around with the authentication on older decoders.

Took 57 minutes this morning to sort out my two 4-tuner decoders today!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

We have forwarded your details to the team. We will refer back once we have feedback. 

Red Carpet

Yes, 4 times a day, every day and always in prime viewing time! Just after 06:00, after 13:00, after 18:00 and again at midnight!

And it is messing up ALL my recordings!   

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

Hi GeoffD 

Are you still getting the same error? 

Red Carpet

This is the unbelievable rubbish we have to put up with 4 times day now on out 4 tuner decoders!

When is MC going to STOP messing with service authentication like this?

When are you going to stop fiddling with the basic like Aspect ratios and audio volumes?

When are you going to realise just how upset your long-time client base is getting????

20190314_134014.jpg

Nominee

Early this morning was seeing more messing around with the ever-disruptive E30 (AKA E80).

Highlighted
Red Carpet

And to add some more.  16-minute error in the between program markers on ALL channels available on the Easyview package! Even a 10-minute start and end buffer is not enough to cope with this extremely poor situation. The scheduling is correct but whatever you have done to the sw is the cause as the markers are NOT being inserted where they should be.