Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PVR Decoders: Inexplicable Authentication Issues

31 REPLIES 31
Red Carpet

Re: PVR Decoders: Inexplicable Authentication Issues: The Latest

And more!  This morning NOTHING was left alone! ALL my customised personal settings were reset overnight. Aspect ratio settings in complete disarray, audio settings, parental controls, you name it.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Waited until the recordings were completed. In fact, that was the ONLY way to view the morning live show on SABC 2 -- view the recording while it was in progress.

Then it 2 hours of reboots before the Primary decoder was back on the air, followed by the secondary which then went through the same ridiculous process.

Absolutely pathetic service!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

This morning I have a E16 error on the Primary decoder for CH 192 only, yet all other channels in my Easyview package are active, the decoder is recording as it should. I am viewing the recording of CH 192. And the secondary decoder is active!

Just another example of how MCs useless authentication system messes around with older decoders. And NO, the SCs are all new ones!

Red Carpet

and Again MC!!!!!!!

When are you going to STOP messing around with the sw on the older decoders and messing up the EPG, and resetting series recordings????  This is now the third week in a row where all is okay on Sunday, and then on Monday morning, the schedules are messed up????

Do you garner pleasure out of continually making your older customers unhappy??

None of the set series recordings are working, NONE of the EPG set recordings are woking and NONE of the manual settings are working!

Red Carpet

And the drama continues.

Today, both decoders were sent email messages. The one 4 and the other 8.  ALL BLANK messages!

What is all that supposed to be about?

And then the Aspect ratio settings were messed around with.  So were the AR settings on most FTA channels messed around with.

Red Carpet

Once again MC, you have demonstrated your total lack of concern for your customer base, especially your older customers!  Whatever your new system is doing, is unacceptable!

You have TOTALLY BUGGERED UP ALL MY RECORDINGS ON TWO 4_TUNER DECODERS TODAY!.

Showmaxed

I'm fine in this case Thoko thank you, I was just adding knowledge, only @GeoffD  is known to be having the usual problems caused by these incidents on his HD PVRs.

@Optimist Are you sorted?. 

Showmaxed

Last night they were definitely doing wide authentication adjustments, I believe of the type relating to their Back End.

Various types of inactive s/c suggested they may have been working on 341, and also saw work on the Classic FM radio feed which gives them lots of trouble for some reason.

And I was up late, noticed well into the morning that they hadn't closed off the process properly. No regard for structure or discipline at this company.

Red Carpet

Another weekend, another round of messing around with the authentication on older decoders.

Took 57 minutes this morning to sort out my two 4-tuner decoders today!