Welcome to PVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Self Service option on dstv.com has many unresolved issues!

7 REPLIES 7
Trending

Re: Self Service option on dstv.com has many unresolved issues!

Another 24 hours has passed and still there is no sign that anything is being done ........

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Still no change in the incorrect information displayed on the self serviceplatform >.........

At 14:00  today, that will make 72 hours ........... of effective downtime on the self service platform for me.

Update: 14:30

Checked again,info still wrong.

tried anyway to link a replacement decoder under XV .

Error message:

XV error.JPG

So here goes with another call to the call centre : timer starts

Went very smoothly, except for PVR functionality. Will have to call again to get that working took 15 minutes

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Actually, I jhave never had much joy with self service, except with errorclearing. Everything else has always givem me problems.

Red Carpet

Please note that already working changes have always been very slow to reflect on self service Embarrassment.jpg

But this takes the cake Roll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpg , have you seen it this slow to update before Geoff?

Please PM me your customer number so I can have a look.~LTS 

Trending

No,  The info is still wrong on self service, now almost 48 hours later.

BTW The call centre operator did her best!  She had lots of problems with the system and its own lack of response! It was incredibly frustrating for both of us, waiting for the system to respond.

Hi @GeoffD, is this still not updated?~

Trending

Self Service option on dstv.com has many unresolved issues!

@MC I have had to find a place to report this and I have chosen to do it here seeing that the "Self Service" sub forum has been blocked!

Yesterday, after whatever chaos MC unleashed on us older decoder users caused my UEC decoder to stop completing its boot cycle, I decided to try and see what I could do myself. Needless to say, the process was fraught with problems, and mostly I got absolutely nowhere, not knowing from one moment to the next if any of my actions was having any effect at all. So because I wanted one decoder to work at least before the weekend, and the UEC being the Primary, I phoned the call centre.

THAT process was also frustrating but in the end, I was told that XV has been broken, the UEC has been made inactive, and that only the Pace HD PVR 4P was now active.

Sooooooo, in theory, I should be able to go into "Self Service" and verify what the operator is telling me over the phone?  And of course I should be able to see this on the decoders as well.

But no,  it is now almost 24 hours later, and as the attached screen shot shows, the self service details have not updated !MC service on line.JPG

So where is the value add we are supposed to get from the "Self Service" platform??????

Not even this rather low level aspect works?

let alone anything deeper.  I will post more in separate posts