Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mysteries of the Abandoned

8 REPLIES
Telenovela

Re: Mysteries of the Abandoned

And the good news is..... it's the description that was nonsense and it is the all new Season 2. Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

They have however, shuffled the episodes and tonights episode 1 was episode 2 originally. No problem, as long as they're new. Smiley Wink

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Telenovela

I've set Abandoned Engineering to record, in the hope that the description is wrong and it is actually season 2. Not holding my breath though. Smiley Wink

BoxOffice

Ok thanks, I guess it's maybe another situation where they package the seasons differently in other regions.

Ep. 2 doesn't offer any clues as its synopsis is generic...

Abandoned Enginering S2E2.jpg

But note the year at the end of it, suggests that it is new.

@MC  - please ask the channel to be more careful re what they mark as new... and what they don't mark as new that is...Roll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpgEmbarrassment.jpg

EDIT: Ep. 1 also says "2018" at the end. Could it be that we've just seen too many doccies about Chernobyl?

Either way it's confusing or unreliable info.

Telenovela

@Optimist wrote:

@Doug wrote:

...which is the subject of the start of an Abandoned Engineering rerun on the same night.

I also thought that's a rerun, but the season is marked as "New" on the online guide.

Fairly sure we already had a second season of itConfused.jpg

BTW, I don't recall the series Sinking Cities which starts afterwards from the next week (Thu. 1st Nov. @ 21:00 ), but that isn't marked as new so maybe I just overlooked it before...?

The EPG is wrong, just not sure how. Smiley Wink It says Season 2 Episode 1 which would be new, but the description is for Season 1 Episode 1 "Silent Cities" which we have seen. If the description is wrong then they should show us "Hitlers Army Powerhouse", otherwise its a rerun of Season 1. Maybe MC can clarify, MC?

I keep tabs on reality channels and I don't recall "Sinking Cities", so maybe its new.

Checked: The Mysteries of the Abandoned, Chernobyl episode being shown is a "Special" aired between seasons 1 and 2 and is not part of seasons 1, 2 or 3.

BoxOffice

@Doug wrote:

...which is the subject of the start of an Abandoned Engineering rerun on the same night.

I also thought that's a rerun, but the season is marked as "New" on the online guide.

Fairly sure we already had a second season of itConfused.jpg

BTW, I don't recall the series Sinking Cities which starts afterwards from the next week (Thu. 1st Nov. @ 21:00 ), but that isn't marked as new so maybe I just overlooked it before...?

We getting some more info from the 3rd party content team for you:-)

Telenovela

I was wrong, the series shown quite long ago was Abandoned Engineering. Mysteries of the Abandoned just popped up next Thursday on 121 Disc HD, but its a lone episode, not a series. Seems because its related in subject matter (Chernobyl), which is the subject of the start of an Abandoned Engineering rerun on the same night.

Maybe they'll show the Mysteries of the Abandoned series someday. Hope so, it looks intriguing. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Doug, seasons 2 and 3 of the show are currently not scheduled in October and November. We've asked the channel to keep us updated once they have the show. 

Telenovela

Mysteries of the Abandoned

History, or maybe National Geo, channel ran series 1 of the above quite long ago. Is there any chance series 2 and 3 are going to be screened?