101: Further loss of series space?

9 REPLIES 9
Trending

Re: 101: Further loss of series space?

@krugie  lets hope so

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

I think it might just be for the one week as the following Monday (25 Feb) is the Oscars. They probably don't want to start a new series/season of something and then have a break the following week. There will hopefully be something new on Monday 4 March.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

they must really like Vice. yes i know its award winning and important, but so is other shows 

just because its HBO doesnt make it all mighty

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Romance

Come n MC/DSTV!!! Stop the rot now!!! Smiley Mad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Action

Castle Rock ends tonight. "Replaced" by Vice next week....

Romance

It's all about cost cutting methinks, trying not to spend on good content. They're trying to push the service shrinkage limits until the service tips from sick to dead.

Programmers: "Boss, we have too many gaps in the prime-time line-up." Smiley Sad

Boss: "Just shove some repeats in them or repeat a whole series!" Smiley Indifferent

Programmers: "But sir, the customers are complaining already and they're leaving." Smiley Embarassed

Boss: "Well then buy something new but cheap, like the awful British dating show we put on on last year!" Smiley Frustrated

Programmers: "But sir, nobody wants to watch the new cheap rubbish shows we're buying." Smiley Embarassed Smiley Sad

Boss: "#*#* them! Just shut up and slash the costs as you're told or find another job!!!!" Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Nominee

Or intentional planning.

Some economical changes were expected, but the "shareholders" apparently aren't willing to take enough of a cut of their profits. It will be their loss in the end.

Highlighted
Trending

it's very bad planning this is. or lack of planning rather

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

We are getting less and less all the time. My series recordings are down to an all-time low of 14 - and some of those I only watch to make sure I don't run out of things to watch. At the peak (M-Net Edge days) I had up to 35 series recordings going - then last year it dipped below 20 for the first time. And recently has been especially bad - for the last 3 months there were hardly any new shows or season starting on M-Net that interested me.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

101: Further loss of series space?

So over the weekend, while looking for what series replaced Orange is the New Black, I realised something, we have lost more premiere series space.

Monday to Friday the 11pm slot is The Late Show with James Cordon. Does this really have to be 4 times a week. Surely at least 3 slots can be used for new series.

Further the slot just before 6pm, used to be premiere slots for shows like Scorpion, McGyver and Marvel shows. Now there is repeats of series already screened on this channel (hour long show from 4:30pm and half hour from 5:30pm). Surely repeats of series should be on 115 / 116.

Really don't think this is productive use of this space / time.

MC?