8 REPLIES 8
Trending

Re: 101 Watchmen

oh i see thanks @MadCat 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doin' it 4 Tv

@JeanP wrote:

it was a weird first episode, actually thinking whats the connection between 1920 (ohio i think) and present day 

That seemed to be the start of the racial war. The kid in 1920 is the man in the wheelchair at the end.

Trending

it was a weird first episode, actually thinking whats the connection between 1920 (ohio i think) and present day 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Doin' it 4 Tv

Not really a genre a would normally watch, but gave it a try as I like some of the actors. Found it distrubing and weird, not really what I expected from comic book material...., but had to laugh at the guy in the Panda head. Interested enough to try a 2nd episode.

Trending

Haven't heard the express word recently 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Trending

Now this sounds very interesting @

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Action

Watchmen was a very highly regarded comic series (the collected version made Time's List of the 100 Best Novels).  The movie was based on the comic, and the series is set after the movie.

It only premieres in the US on the 20th, so we're getting this express.

Showmaxed

@MadCat wrote:

Starts next week in Good Fight slot.

"Watchmen takes place in an alternative, contemporary reality in the United States, in which masked vigilantes became outlawed due to their violent methods.

I can't recall on which channel I saw the movie Watchmen when it was recently (or still is) showing (probably an eMovie channel or Universal), but it was either a "conclusion" to the series or the series is based on it - I think the latter given the movie dates involved and that the former was another movie in my mind.

Note that "masked vigilantes" is likely a reference to the presumed same superheroes found in this movie's alternative reality, so not for everyone's taste then. We found the movie mild, with some interesting parts.

Here's the movie link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

Doin' it 4 Tv

101 Watchmen

Starts next week in Good Fight slot.

"Watchmen takes place in an alternative, contemporary reality in the United States, in which masked vigilantes became outlawed due to their violent methods. Despite this, some gather around in order to start a revolution while others are out to stop it before it is too late, as a greater question rises above them all; who watches the Watchmen?" The series takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma in an alternative reality in 2019—one with no Internet or smartphones—34 years after the comic ends. Robert Redford is the longest-serving President of the United States, having been elected in 1992. After a white supremacy group of Rorschach followers that call themselves "The Seventh Cavalry" (wearing homemade Rorschach masks) commits simultaneous attacks on the houses of police members, the police start wearing masks.

Cast includes Regina King, Don Johnson and Jeremy Irons