Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

115: Ray Donavan????

14 REPLIES 14
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: 115: Ray Donavan????

@MadCat wrote:

By the way, I must also note thatI have not seen a single advert or anything saying that this is happening -I picked it up because I regularly check the EPG. It seems once again, it's a case of screening something and not really caring if anyone watches it!!!

Eventually saw an advert for GOT on Friday.

Showmaxed

I don't want to become a troll, so let me just add that there's nothing wrong with good fresh ideas, if kept in balance. Please also keep things more stable and consistent, the old school of thought at the M-Net Group seemed to understand that need more considerately.

Surely a few week's delay with your plans would have been just as exciting for new GOT fans. It's been a disappointing couple of years with all the changes this economy has forced, your fault or not there's many that are fed up.

Many thanks

Showmaxed

Based on previous observations I bet that the only thing they care about here is that their "better" Compact viewers grouping may grow due to following the "trend" of now-noticed social media discussions about the Emmies.

I'm convinced this is why the M-Net Corporate division was created, just to squeeze the market further any way they can, and that kind of thinking means they will try lots more tricks to "win" and nobody can ever tell them anything.

I also believe they delude themselves with staff demographics related self-justifications - like put too many chic flics on, and then when the wider audience says it's too much by not watching enough compared to the past, they conclude that people don't like movies anymore.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@MadCat, we have shared your views with the channel. 

Thanks, but I don't believe they will care.

@MadCat, we have shared your views with the channel. 

Action

@MadCat wrote:

I seriously have to wonder about thought given to what viewers want and how to keep them happy - it seems to be what can MC do to upset and inconvenice viewers at every turn!!

It's things like this which sometimes make me wonder whether the people making these programming decisions actually watch TV as I fail to see the logic behind it.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi All, below is the schedule update for M-Net City ch 115

M-Net City Schedule Updates:

New Updates:

• From Monday 9 September – 30 September M-Net City will be adding season 1-8 of Game of Thrones to its schedule. The award-winning hit series is in the lead with a record 32 Emmy nominations for its final season and the channel wanted to celebrate the series in style. Three episodes will air every day (Monday-Sunday).

This means your M-Net City line-up has changed. The following shows will take a scheduling break and will be back in October:

Mondays:

• Better Call Saul
  • Legacies

Tuesdays:

• The Truth About Harry Quebert Affair

Wednesdays

• Ray Donovan

Thursdays

• Escape at Dannemora

Saturdays

Riverdale

This is completely unacceptable!! Throwing the schedule out the window because a series got Emmy nominations is a really pathetic reason for showing a series. "The channel wants to celebate in style" - fine, do it in your own time, don't inconvenice your viewers by removing series and much needed repeats. Also it's the final season that got the nominations, why is GOT being shown from season 1?? Most of the seasons have already been scheduled multiple times anyway. I seriously doubt anyone is going to be watching this - fans would have seen it already, it's poorly scheduled and would be a nightmare to watch / record and there are no repeats. I seriously have to wonder about thought given to what viewers want and how to keep them happy - it seems to be what can MC do to upset and inconvenice viewers at every turn!!

By the way, I must also note thatI have not seen a single advert or anything saying that this is happening -I picked it up because I regularly check the EPG. It seems once again, it's a case of screening something and not really caring if anyone watches it!!!

This is the worst service ever!!!

Red Carpet

SHOCKING - to say the least! New programming making way for repeats of a series that is even available on ShowMax. And at 3 episodes a night for 6 nights in a row - no one will even bother to try and watch/follow it. I though M-Net Binge was not popular? Now it is back AND taking over regular programming!

I hope there is a serious subscriber revolt because of this ridiculous scheduling decision - which will be totally deserved! It just confirms how little MC values their customers.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Hi All, below is the schedule update for M-Net City ch 115

M-Net City Schedule Updates:

New Updates:

• From Monday 9 September – 30 September M-Net City will be adding season 1-8 of Game of Thrones to its schedule. The award-winning hit series is in the lead with a record 32 Emmy nominations for its final season and the channel wanted to celebrate the series in style. Three episodes will air every day (Monday-Sunday).

This means your M-Net City line-up has changed. The following shows will take a scheduling break and will be back in October:

Mondays:

• Better Call Saul
  • Legacies

Tuesdays:

• The Truth About Harry Quebert Affair

Wednesdays

• Ray Donovan

Thursdays

• Escape at Dannemora

Saturdays

Riverdale

Doin' it 4 Tv