cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv to cut channels

Doccie

Re: Dstv to cut channels

Obviously DSTV does not pay any attention to what their users are saying....

Smiley Mad

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

Looks like it may be worse than we thought.

From another thread in the Kids section (includes a pic of the EPG);

@Insidus wrote:
Da Vinci Kids coming soon to DStv?

Found this on my i-Plate a while ago did some research and guess what its Da Vinci Kids the same Da Vinci Kids which is currently on Starsat/StarTimes and Openview. Is this one of the two new channels DStv will be announcing soon. It carries certain things DStv mentioned History, Documentaries and Factual Content. Basically its a kids version of Discovery Channel. It wouldn't shock me if its one of the two remember Animal Planet's replacement Real Time on channel 155. This is a drastic move for one the kids will be happy but those who actually watch History, Lifetime and Crime & Investigation how will they feel. I'm just a concerned subscriber in absolute shock right now.

A kids channel - really?!?! This does not help with the loss of Real Housewives and Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

If MC honestly thinks the thousands of very unhappy premium & compact subscribers are going to accept a kids channel as replacement they are in for a big surprise... Better start employing more people to respond on social media and at the call centre.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Looks like it may be worse than we thought.

From another thread in the Kids section (includes a pic of the EPG);

@Insidus wrote:
Da Vinci Kids coming soon to DStv?

Found this on my i-Plate a while ago did some research and guess what its Da Vinci Kids the same Da Vinci Kids which is currently on Starsat/StarTimes and Openview. Is this one of the two new channels DStv will be announcing soon. It carries certain things DStv mentioned History, Documentaries and Factual Content. Basically its a kids version of Discovery Channel. It wouldn't shock me if its one of the two remember Animal Planet's replacement Real Time on channel 155. This is a drastic move for one the kids will be happy but those who actually watch History, Lifetime and Crime & Investigation how will they feel. I'm just a concerned subscriber in absolute shock right now.

Showmaxed

Would be nice of you to respond further on your own forum MC.

Doccie

Also signed, and gave a small donation.

But I must agree with you Doug. DSTV and its customers are not in the same life raft.

Action

Signed it last week, but I suspect we're farting against thunder. Smiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Anime

Telenovela

I have never experienced this amount of anger amongst friends, family and colleagues when DStv decided to remove channels. It doesn't make sense 1 or all 3 channels are very popular in households all over the country. It does not make any sense to me.
--==** Explora 1 (Primary) & Explora 2a (Secondary), SLNB**==--
Telenovela

@AlexMain wrote:

Found "Channel Termination" entries on the EPG for Lifetime and C+I but nothing for History. 

Channel Termination notices back on all 3 Smiley Sad