Welcome to Series

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv to cut channels

Showmaxed

Re: Dstv to cut channels - better news??

Possibly some better news now, but remember it could just be more EPG mishaps.

The last time I looked the Explora 1's EPG was showing interspersed termination messages throughout the day for all 3 channels, and the only detail past the 1st of Nov. was terminated messages only.

Tonight I see that ALL termination messages have been removed from channels 131 and 186, and the guide details for all days after the 1st now have normal scheduling info!!

BUT... 170 Crime & Investigation has not been so re-adjusted...

So what does this mean MC?!?!

Only 1 channel now being terminated??

OR more EPG Bullnasties??

OR what??

Why won't you speak to the users of your service - the only reason for your existence??!!

Doccie

Re: Dstv to cut channels

Moving on;

A reminder for MC's short memory - further feedback needed, please.

ANY response from MC would be a pleasant change....

Showmaxed

@ShazzieO wrote:

...Currently showing S1 EP3 on History on 01/11/2019 when the channel will be closed...

BTW, in case misunderstood - they've stated that access ends at the end of the 1st, not the end of the 31st, so we should at least have this episode.

Not that it helps much... :-/

Anime

Re: Dstv to cut History - Spy Wars continuance?

With the end of the History channel at 01 Nov 2019 any news on whether the current series of "Damien Lewis: Spy Wars" will continue on another channel? Currently showing S1 EP3 on History on 01/11/2019 when the channel will be closed. The series has 8 episodes in season 1 - will we get to see the rest?

Showmaxed

Time for a follow-up announcement MC.... please.... ?....

@Optimist wrote:

And it seems Showmax is climbing on the same cheap bandwagon (presumed reasoning) - see the latest series and movies on offer, most look like Nollywood stuff from Nigeria or similar. Hardly likely to be popular, even the majority population doesn't seem to think much of that country.

Correction - Showmax's website reveals that they now have a presence in Nigeria, and I think it was Kenya as well, so looks like they're just sharing content - not sure if that's wise for the S.A. access though...

Moving on;

A reminder for MC's short memory - further feedback needed, please.

Doccie

Still waiting for MC to respond to 'their' viewers.....

NOT holding my breath. Smiley Sad

Telenovela

Here's hoping!

@krugie wrote:

Thinus is reporting today that there are rumours of possible re-negotiations with A+E Networks.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 A+E Networks renegotiating or trying to renegotiate with MultiChoice abo... 

--==** Explora 1 (Primary) & Explora 2a (Secondary), SLNB**==--
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Thinus is reporting today that there are rumours of possible re-negotiations with A+E Networks.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 A+E Networks renegotiating or trying to renegotiate with MultiChoice abo... 

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Agree Doug.

MC think they are dealing with a bunch of doffies, and that we won't see the 'hidden' agenda.

I am actively engaged in seeking an alternative......

'RIP History, CI and Lifestyle as you join those esteemed favourites that fell to MC's ruthless, viewer-proof sword before you; Edge, VH1, VuzuAmp etc'

Action

We don't know much about the new channels, but we do know MC, so:

- There will be a net loss i.e. the overal number of channels will continue to decrease, not increase.

- The content of the new channels will bear no resemblance to the channels lost i.e. they will not be "replacement" channels.

- The new channels will be cheaper than the lost channels, possibly bargain-box class.

- The new channels will have a greater chance of joining the majority of channels that no one watches, than becoming popular channels.

- There will be a big new-channel announcement by MC in which they will pat themselves on the back for their generosity to their viewers.

- When we protest, and we shall, MC will simply ignore us as usual.

RIP History, CI and Lifestyle as you join those esteemed favourites that fell to MC's ruthless, viewer-proof sword before you; Edge, VH1, VuzuAmp etc Smiley Sad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.