Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dstv to cut channels

87 REPLIES 87
Telenovela

Re: Dstv to cut channels - results/further concerns

If i'm correct based on the European rollout Timeless Drama Channel should arrive in South Africa by next year or 2021 if dstv adds it maybe it will replace fox life now that all the turkish shows got scrapped from that channel and only repeats of old content from that channel are surfacing 24 hours a day.

Showmaxed

Personally I've never thought much of the Fox group except for their movies, so not really surprised.

Perhaps you're right then, but be assured that the BBC Brit problem is certainly huge, and has been going on for many years... like their series called Top Gear - it never stops repeating, I think it's over 10 years now. There's plenty of threads about other series as well, I hardly watch that channel these days.

Telenovela

I'm pretty sure BBC Brit gets new content even though its repeats its new to the channel but not to some viewers. FOX Life is more different that channel was also used to repeat 10% of the stuff on FOX making it new to Life but that faded away from the lineup. I wouldn't downgrade such channel if they can't update their lineup for almost a year even if its series I've seen elsewhere its something. 

Showmaxed

Sadly there's more of this on MC's platform, the one most discussed here is the endless non-progress and repeating of series on 120 BBC Brit. Although popular for some, it seems not enough to warrant the bigger budget needed to get past this problem, so maybe it's like that for your Fox Life as well.

So doubt it's being downgraded or anything like that. I'm sure MC are unfortunately going to allow more of this to "slip through" in this economy, but hopefully if there's enough objections seen they'll take action against the channels more often again...

Telenovela

Re: Dstv to cut channels - better news!!

@Insidus wrote:

...Is FOX Life getting scrapped, replaced or repositioned? 

I agree, Fox Life is a waste - I was disappointed when Fox Crime "became" Fox Life. I really don't see much value at all in this channel.
--==** Explora 1 (Primary) & Explora 2a (Secondary), SLNB**==--
Telenovela

Is FOX Life getting scrapped or repositioned the only thing that the channel has been doing is repeating their old batch of series like Sony Channel and Sony Max did. You have FOX and BET even though the channel is airs mostly repeats those repeats haven't aired on their channel before that shows the channel has life but with FOX Life life its following the same pattern as Sony. List of things happening on FOX Life:

-They keep repeating the same old episodes of Rickey Smiley even though the show got cancelled. The show has been removed from the schedule and returns next month. 

-They removed all those Turkish telenovelas and haven't finished almost all of them. Maybe that new HD Turkish channel (Timeless Drama Channel) coming to South Africa is the cause (and I didn't say its coming to DStv).

-They've been repeating old episodes of WAGS and Married to Medicine even though there's 2-6 more seasons available. 

-All their African shows are off the rador I haven't heard them talk once about renewal the only African show I heard about from FOX Life is getting canned according to someone who worked on that show.

-December on FOX Life is 98% repeats with double, triple and quadruple bills all day long.

-

Is FOX Life getting scrapped, replaced or repositioned? 

Showmaxed

186: Alert for non-regular Forumites;

@Optimist wrote:

Who knows why it was publicised that Damian Lewis: Spy Wars has 6 episodes, but anyway I see there's at least a 7th on Fri. the 29th.

Can't check further - History's online guide is still blank.

EDIT: Other sources suggest it's 8 episodes total.

Showmaxed

@  A & E, it's been 2 weeks since you survived so why hasn't your TV Guide for the History Channel started showing any info again??  :-/

(I have tried on a number of browsers, it's definitely blank for all.)

https://www.historytv.africa/tv-guide

@  Mods - please see that this is passed on to the channel, TIA.

Trending

great news Smiley LOL

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

It looks like 131 LifeTime will be carrying quite a bit of what was available on 170 C&I. Hopefully Leah's final special as well.

131 doing 170 shows.jpg