Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Final Appeal

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Final Appeal

@Optimist wrote:

Busy watching it now - not bad, but so far I think the other new one, The Last Defence, is better.

@Optimist, oh yes the premiere episode was on the 15th Dec at 20h00. Will give it a try Smiley Wink.

@Doug wrote:

I watched episode 1. Pretty boring really; the same theme has been done many times on the crime channels where this series belongs.

@Doug, point taken - thank you. Won't dismiss it just yet, will give Ep 2 a try and only decide then. 

Red Carpet

Busy watching it now - not bad, but so far I think the other new one, The Last Defence, is better.

However;

1. Agree with the others. IMO I can understand Edge being closed down due to rising costs, but then M-Net must understand that they can't have it both ways and try to get into every genre.

2. I'm only watching due to having the time, not really a fan of the genre.

3. Like some others, I prefer not to get into what I think of the various series too much, and this forum needs to deliver a much better service before I'll give MC that here again...

Romance

I watched episode 1. Pretty boring really; the same theme has been done many times on the crime channels where this series belongs.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

If you are a fan of "True Crime" doccies or series, then you'll love FINAL APPEAL.

In this true crime miniseries former footballer Brian Banks and former prosecutor Loni Coombs investigate cases of wrongful convictions. In the premiere episode, the pair look into the case of Patty Prewitt. Catch S1 | E1 on Tuesday 18 December at 20:00 on M-Net 101

Final Appeal 2.PNG

Get ready to be exposed to a thrilling whodunit mystery as the puzzling cases unfold and potentially reveal new information that could change the fates of the suspected criminals.             

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

If you are a fan of "True Crime" doccies or series, then you'll love FINAL APPEAL.

In this true crime miniseries former footballer Brian Banks and former prosecutor Loni Coombs investigate cases of wrongful convictions. In the premiere episode, the pair look into the case of Patty Prewitt. Catch S1 | E1 on Tuesday 18 December at 20:00 on M-Net 101

Final Appeal 2.PNG

Get ready to be exposed to a thrilling whodunit mystery as the puzzling cases unfold and potentially reveal new information that could change the fates of the suspected criminals.             

Anyone got to watch the 1st episode? If so, what's your take on this new series? 

Action

@Doug wrote:

Reality crime series are well represented on CI and ID channels as well as several other channels filling in with them; do we have to have this mediocre crime series on prime time Mnet as well? There are about a dozen of our regular/favourite series well advanced overseas that could/should have been brought back instead. Smiley Frustrated

Ditto.

Highlighted
Romance

Reality crime series are well represented on CI and ID channels as well as several other channels filling in with them; do we have to have this mediocre crime series on prime time Mnet as well? There are about a dozen of our regular/favourite series well advanced overseas that could/should have been brought back instead. Smiley Frustrated

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.

Hi Optimist. The M-Net Team has advised that Final Appeal season 1 will be on a one week broadcast break on Tuesday, 25 December. The series returns on Tuesday 1 January at 20:00. 

Red Carpet

This "technically troublesome" series will now already be on a break next week (Christmas day, being replaced by a magic show).

Where are our update threads / posts M-Net???

How long is this season break M-Net??

Unbelievable MC, what are you doing?

Red Carpet

No Grace, it's too much and too often and beyond reasonable years ago already... but thanks for your personal efforts.