8 REPLIES 8
Trending

Re: M-Net Binge Shutting down

@krugie I second that 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Highlighted
Telenovela

It was a great channel to have.  I'm surely gonna miss it during weekends.  Even more reasons now to make City a 24hrs channel 

Trending

Maybe they should then also stop advertising the channel? I saw an ad again just yesterday telling viewers how great and useful it is??? Man Surprised

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

I think the BBC have been teaching M-Net & co. how to respond, but nice to hear from management again...

Hi Folks - yes, from Monday 1 Oct 2018 just after 01:00, M-Net Binge (DStv ch 900) will be discontinued. 

Here's why;- 

Over the past couple of years, M-Net and MultiChoice have introduced several innovative platforms to speak to series’ fans changing viewing needs within the ever-evolving video entertainment landscape.  As such there are now several ways for viewers to catch up on the premiere M-Net 101 and 1Magic shows they may have missed or want to watch again. After reviewing the current uptake and perceptions around these platforms and services, M-Net and MultiChoice decided to discontinue the weekend pop-up channel M-Net Binge (DStv channel 900) as from 1 October 2018. 

Trending

Just more taking away from premium subscribers... and then continue to blaming other parties for them leaving...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

Showmax is nice. But it doesn't have blue bloods or supernatural ncis Chicago series to name a few 

Nor does Netflix. Last I check neither does amazon prime video

Binge was the last line of defence. Other than waiting for the repeat which could take months 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

Really surprising, surely at least newcomers found it mostly useful. Didn't think I would use it but did.

Maybe due to Showmax doing the job... except that it doesn't.

Or maybe it's just the now ever falling Rand again.

Trending

M-Net Binge Shutting down

MultiChoice and M-Net are shutting down another of its self-packaged channels, this time M-Net Binge (DStv 900) that will come to an end on 1 October.

DStv Premium subscribers are losing M-Net Binge after a year and four months since it started in May 2017, with MultiChoice and M-Net telling subscribers in an on-screen message to "please note that M-Net Binge will stop airing 1 October 2018".

"Continue your entertainment with the latest series on M-Net 101/102, watch it on Catch Up or binge-watch it on Catch Up Plus. Thank you for watching".

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2018/09/multichoice-and-m-net-shutting-down-its.html?m=1

Why why why  😭😱

--Explora 1 & 2a--