Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

M-Net, M-Net Binge and M-Net City line-up for August 2018

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Re: M-Net, M-Net Binge and M-Net City line-up for August 2018

@Doug you can say that again. Seeing that we really only have M-Net Left for new and only prime shows. 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Romance

It took a whole year but at last they've just about caught up with last year's premiere season. Smiley Frustrated

Love Island finishes this month, YAY! Please don't schedule such trash on M-Net again, every slot on M-Net is prime real-estate for prime series!!!!! Smiley Mad

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Red Carpet

So is that why if I post every day at the same time about an unresolved service concern, it's a strip-my-moer post? :-D

Trending

@Citanul wrote:

It turns out that it's not MC, but rather a term that's in widespread use (relevant portion bolded).

So we have actually been getting at all along - just not naming it. Man LOL. Especially on channels like Comedy Central.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Very interesting article that 😁

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Romance

It turns out that it's not MC, but rather a term that's in widespread use (relevant portion bolded).

Strip programming or stripping is a technique used for scheduling television and radio programming to ensure consistency and coherency. Television or radio programs of a particular style (such as a television series) are given a regular time slot during the week, so that it appears as a strip straight across the weekly schedule. For example, radio and television broadcasters may program a news program at rush hours every day, or at least every weekday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_programming

My confusion came from not seeing the schedule laid out in a weekly view, so I didn't realise that "strip" is actually a noun in this context and not a verb. 

Red Carpet

Agreed.

The way these "unique" phrases keep popping-up, perhaps in 50 years time MC & co. will have created their own type of Fanagalo language ;-)

Romance

"Stripped" seems an odd word to use.  There's no definition that comes to mind which would be appropriate in this context.

Red Carpet

Ok, so as I now understand it it's series repeating (as far as Premium goes) which are basically structured in a binging opportunity - was originally weekly and is now daily.

EDIT: Or can be a totally new series, shown daily instead like serials (soap operas etc.) are.

Thanks for the help :-)

Community Manager

Hi @Optimist, below is the response we received from the team: 

Stripped Slot basically means an episode of a show stripped across the same timeslot for the week or 5 days.

So For example, Blindspot is currently stripped from Mondays to Fridays at 18:00.

Thereafter, SEAL Team will be stripped from Mondays to Fridays at 18:00.

We usually include this in the highlights just in case customers like the show and want to catch it during this time.