Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

M-Net series 20h00 Sundays?

12 REPLIES 12
Showmaxed

Re: M-Net series 20h00 Sundays?

Forgot the solution - simply put Carte Blanche an hour earlier, if this need is so important.

Those wanting to see it at the normal time can then easily use channel 901 instead.

But earlier things like reality content probably prevent this.

And a bit more re John Oliver's show;

The delay of last week's episode is just as much a problem, no matter how good the intentions of those helping with the important Rhinos problem.

Please remember that his show has now won... an Emmy Award... which is currently your prime supportive directive ;-)

@krugie  - sorry for hogging your thread.

@Grace_DStv1  - thanks for your efforts to pass messages back and forth.

Showmaxed

My response in advance:

Trackers sounds good, looking forward to it.

The need to make the public highly aware is understood, and the shortish duration makes a bit of disruption more tolerable.

A sensible change to Carte Blanche's end time is most welcome if that is happening, if not perhaps it will again be considered.

Delaying the week's main primetime movie by an hour - bad move M-Net! Far beyond "a bit of disruption"...

John Oliver's show is largely based on current political etc. international events, it's already a nuisance that we get it a week late but delaying it for up to 5 weeks would be bad. Unless the season is ending soon or taking a looong break again?

Anyway, just an hour later for this instead shouldn't be a concern.

The late foreign movie - M-Net seem to take this less seriously as time goes on, which is a pity. I think it's already too late for many of those without a PVR or external recorder, so perhaps an hour later is also ok. Not that this is good practice...

Bottom line - if we can't have an "Edge"-like channel to best allow for expansion or changes with the prime Premium entertainment, you have no choice but to move or delay reality series as needed, or continue to lose the respect of your audience. You really can't have your cake and eat it.

Many thanks for your time.

Showmaxed

Showmaxed

No need to check again, I also clearly saw it advertised for 20:00.

@Optimist wrote:

To add to that, will the late foreign movie AND John Oliver's show both continue under these Sunday stretching conditions?

Please answer this as well.

Red Carpet

Thanks @Grace_DStv1 . I will check again but I am pretty sure all the on-air promos say 20H00.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@krugie wrote:

I see the new local Deon Meyer drama series Trackers is being advertised as starting on M-Net on Sunday 27 October at 20h00. Does this  mean the Sunday night movie is falling away? Or moving to 21h00?

@krugie, The Sunday Night Blockbuster has been a firm favourite for many years. Although the time slot is changing, M-Net is amending their schedule to make way for the adaptation of an original local series based on a book written by one of South Africa’s most-acclaimed writer/screenwriter Deon Meyer. The series is co-produced by Cinemax, which will distribute the drama series worldwide beyond M-Net and ZDF's geographical broadcasting footprint. 

M-Net has only planned for Trackers to be added to its Sunday schedule for the next five-weeks.

And will it REALLY be 20h00? Or also the ridiculous recording-unfriendly no-care-about customers 20h05?

As stated by the channel, Trackers will air on Sundays at 20:05 from the 27th of October 2019. 

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:
I just checked the online guide now and Sunday 06 October shows Carte Blanche Season 32, episode 1 and, alas, still ending 20H05.

I wouldn't take the EPG for two week's time too seriously... for instance, that should read S33E1.

Doccie

@krugie wrote:

I see the new local Deon Meyer drama series Trackers is being advertised as starting on M-Net on Sunday 27 October at 20h00. Does this  mean the Sunday night movie is falling away? Or moving to 21h00?

And will it REALLY be 20h00? Or also the ridiculous recording-unfriendly no-care-about customers 20h05?

Let me get this straight, with Trackers on the way this October, M-Net has never added a 20h00 Prime Time show on Sundays before. What happens if another brand new HBO show Watchmen (coming to M-Net) plays on Sundays if Trackers finishes after 6 episodes, just saying.

BoxOffice

Not keen on the idea of replacing my Sunday movie with a series (any series for that matter) .  Will become my weekly Netflix slot then ...  

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

BTW 2, on some decoders I've noticed that the current season of CB is half the length only for some odd reason, perhaps international sales considerations... so if correct a new season's SBR is needed after next week's long episode.

I noticed that as well yes - only 26 episodes. Was planning to post on that on Sunday after the EPG for the following week is available. Smiley LOL

I just checked the online guide now and Sunday 06 October shows Carte Blanche Season 32, episode 1 and, alas, still ending 20H05.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).