Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Shows

SOLVED
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: New Shows

I've just finished watching the series CB Strike and would like to recommend it to anyone who likes their crime stories without all the violence, shoot ups and car chases that come with so many of these types of shows. Based on the novels by Robert Galbraith aka J K Rowling.

There are seven episodes in this series comprising three different murder stories. Episodes 1 - 3 is one, 4 and 5 the second and then finally episodes 6 and 7 for the final one. Must say that I really enjoyed this series and am hopeful there'll be a second season sometime in the future.

This series was shown on Mnet and is still available to view on Catch Up and Catch Up plus. Think the first five episodes are on Catch Up Plus and would have to be streamed or downloaded while episodes 6 and 7 are able to be viewed via normal Catch Up. However, episode 1 on Catch Up Plus is due to expire in about a week's time. If memory serves me correctly the 22nd of August.

Anyone else watch this series and if so what did you think of it?

Showmaxed

Thanks. I've just been able to confirm that 10 is the last for season 1, although some fools are claiming there's an E11.

A second season has not been decided on yet, but the series remains popular.

Re availability - it's also a pity that it takes bandwidth expense to get everything these days. For instance, I recently discovered the SM series Scorpion, but no ways I'm going to stream all further 71 episodes :-(

But I will catch up the Shameless episodes I never saw.

I'm also concerned about future availability, the Rand is becoming one of the worst purchasing currencies.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

@Citanul wrote:

Reverie is available on Showmax from 13 August.

A former hostage negotiator takes a job retrieving people who are lost in a virtual reality program.

@Mods  -  please can you let Showmax know that they're missing the 10th episode for now, in case they don't know.

Episode 10 is now available. They were probably just waiting for it to arrive from the US.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

I can't help wondering how many of these "First on Showmax series" such as Succession & Reverie - which are generally receiving good reviews, especially Succession which has already been renewed for a 2nd season - we would have seen on DSTV if we still had M-Net Edge (or something similar). I believe people without any online access to watch series are missing out on some very good content simply because of broadcasting slot availability.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

BTW, as E10 was only shown this week in the States, it's possible there's even more episodes.

-----------------------------------------------

@JeanP wrote:

Fantastic new show. Hard Sun

This was actually already listed in the channel highlights thread, I mentioned there that they had a terrible synopsis and gave a better one.

Showmaxed

@Citanul wrote:

Reverie is available on Showmax from 13 August.

A former hostage negotiator takes a job retrieving people who are lost in a virtual reality program.

@Mods  -  please can you let Showmax know that they're missing the 10th episode for now, in case they don't know.

They've loaded episodes 1 to 9, and no. 9 has the correct episode name - "The Key".

I've attached a pic of the Wiki episodes listing which confirms.

Red Carpet

@JeanP wrote:

Thursdays 22:00 on M-Net episode 1 and 2 is on Normal CU 

@JeanP thanks for the heads-up - just watched episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Trending

Thursdays 22:00 on M-Net episode 1 and 2 is on Normal CU 

Hard Sun is a pre-apocalyptic crime drama set in contemporary London. The protagonists are two mismatched police officers, Charlie Hicks and Elaine Renko who stumble upon proof that a mysterious cosmic event will destroy the earth in five years, a fact the government is trying to keep secret to avoid complete anarchy. The duo is pursued by MI5 operatives who are trying to silence them for good.

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Tags (2)
Trending

The final season of 12 Monkeys season 4, will start Sunday 12 August @ 23:00 on City 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Highlighted

@Optimist wrote:

The City And The City has now been confirmed as having 5 episodes, by MC.

It so happens that accidentally (or for the first time correctly, who knows), tonight's episode 4 is on CU instead of CU+ , and so it gives a total episodes number.

And thanks for putting it on at least an hour and a half early MC.

It's so nice when that at times backwards dept. mixes up things in our favour :-p

@Optimist - we see you Smiley LOL