Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Shows

SOLVED
Red Carpet

Re: New Shows

@Beetle wrote:

Pity if there won't be more episodes to this series if there's only one more book that's available at this time.

You never know for sure with the studios - especially if they stumble across something that makes money. The Handmaid's Tale is only one book - and pretty much all covered in season 1 - yet we are on season 2 and a 3rd has already been announced. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Not knowing anything about this actor Tom Burke, although he did look familiar, I assumed that he was a disabled person. To now read that it was special effects that made it seem that way perhaps also makes one realise how well the director and Tom Burke managed to pull this one off. Looked very realistic to me.
Pity if there won't be more episodes to this series if there's only one more book that's available at this time.

Highlighted
Telenovela

@Optimist wrote:

@sankie wrote:
And duh...I thought Tom Burke (Cormoran Strike) really had an amputated leg.

Amazing to hear that he hasn't got that. Near the end, when he was changing in his office, we "clearly" saw his stump and he wasn't stationary either - fantastic special effect.

I know!  We even saw him putting lotion/medication on the stump after he chased someone.  I had to Google how it was done   http://www.mugglenet.com/2018/07/the-magic-behind-tom-burkes-amputated-leg-scenes-in-strike/

Showmaxed

@sankie wrote:
And duh...I thought Tom Burke (Cormoran Strike) really had an amputated leg.

Amazing to hear that he hasn't got that. Near the end, when he was changing in his office, we "clearly" saw his stump and he wasn't stationary either - fantastic special effect.

Telenovela

@sankie wrote:

@Beetle wrote:

I've just finished watching the series CB Strike .....
Anyone else watch this series and if so what did you think of it?

I really enjoyed the series.  Real, old fashioned detective story.  And duh...I thought Tom Burke (Cormoran Strike) really had an amputated leg.  Hope there is more of this series.

I see there is a release date of September 2018 for the new CB Strike novel (Lethal White).  So it could be a long wait for another season.

See pic added

Telenovela

@Beetle wrote:

I've just finished watching the series CB Strike .....

I really enjoyed the series.  Real, old fashioned detective story.  And duh...I thought Tom Burke (Cormoran Strike) really had an amputated leg.  Hope there is more of this series.

Showmaxed

Do you use the streaming / downloading for other devices at all Doug?

Reverie now dropped here, but for those enough into the VR fantasy element it should deliver.

Succession is "too close to home" re power games for my liking ;-)

The Orville started last night (17:00 on 101), only watched some of it so far but it looks like fun and for once the American humour is kept light enough to make it a possible pseudo replacement for much missed space operas. Only on CU+ it seems.

What do you people think about Salvation S2 coming? (a week from Fri. @17:00 on 101)

IMO it was a weak drama, with moments. Something kept me hanging on - maybe the political drama unfolding around the asteroid threat plus the "science".

These 17:00 slots are odd, aren't they. Working for me I suppose as I record it all.

Though have to say I'm now a bit nervous of trusting my Explora's HDD long term.

Action

CB Strike was pretty cool, not terribly exciting but with an Edge-less DSTV that doesn't fill my decoder's 20-max series recordings anymore, made a good filler.

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Re Reverie - have only watched the first episode, and read a couple more synopses - I'm thinking it may be too personal-trauma related for good sci-fi but will continue for a bit.

Also only watched one episode so far and still in 2 minds...enjoyed it but at times it fell a bit flat for me. Will decide after the 2nd episode. After 1 episode each I prefer Succession at this stage.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@Beetle wrote:

Yep, pretty good and had some unusual new angles. But I find these shorter series harder to follow if they have too many characters to remember the names of in them.

Re Reverie - have only watched the first episode, and read a couple more synopses - I'm thinking it may be too personal-trauma related for good sci-fi but will continue for a bit.