Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pin clean up please

14 REPLIES 14
Action

Re: Pin clean up please

See y'all in next month's "remove stickies" thread. Smiley Very Happy

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
Showmaxed

The old stickies have now been removed.

Really sad to see such a lack of pride among some of your staff MC, hope this forum survives it.

Showmaxed

I've further decided not to re-involve myself completely, so if any Forumite wants that email address send me a PM.

Showmaxed

I guess I will try one more time *sigh*

@BusiN_DStv1  , @Nontsiki_DStv1  , @Grace_DStv1  , and any other Mods involved - I have your boss Antonio's email address, should I send a link to this thread to him and also to some of his senior colleagues???

Some action is obviously needed by you immediately, please...

With respect, but also with much concern

Optimist

Highlighted
BoxOffice

To/Regarding the mods...

If I took so long to respond to any of my clients, or just plainly ignore their valid requests without even feedback.... I will probably be fired or at least be severely reprimanded

If you are too lazy or just couldn't care or don't have the time (pick your poison) to clean up these threads from the numerous DSTV Now posts popping up all over, give me the rights and I'll do it at least once a day and it won't take me 10 minutes...  and you don't even have to pay me

Anything is better than this current mess 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Perhaps if we could just get a Mod to even comment further - on the thread, not privately...

Red Carpet

@Doug wrote:

Just as hard to find now among all the redundant stickies. Just saying. Smiley Wink

True. Smiley Sad

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

@Optimist wrote:

Actually, a number of us asked them to start using stickies ("pinned" threads) as they are really useful for quick access to this kind of thread and you would be surprised how many more have come here through the years asking for related monthly info if the threads aren't made a sticky. Despite it having got so quiet this forum section does have plenty of threads fairly often.

We're half way through August and the August stickies haven't even reached the bottom of page 1, would be still further up without the redundant stickies; will not be hard to find. Just as hard to find now among all the redundant stickies. Just saying. Smiley Wink

Showmaxed

*Ignore this anti-spam filter line - spam filter suddenly ultra sensitive to this post, very suspicious MC...*

Actually, a number of us asked them to start using stickies ("pinned" threads) as they are really useful for quick access to this kind of thread and you would be surprised how many more have come here through the years asking for related monthly info if the threads aren't made a sticky. Despite it having got so quiet this forum section does have plenty of threads fairly often.

*Ignore this anti-spam filter line - spam filter suddenly ultra sensitive to this post, very suspicious MC...*

But we're wasting our time either way, the senior Mod who handles them seems to hardly ever be here, and we have to beg most months for the threads in the first place (that could be the channels' fault).

I did ask that Mod directly before and the stickies were tidied up, but it doesn't last.

This forum is largely a waste of time IMO, why on Earth is it necessary to send an email of all things (maybe it was a PM?, hardly better though) when all they have to do is check if it was done - it shows total lack of interest / understanding / effort / sense / coordination... and seems that now things like one-on-one communication are being automated to this ridiculous degree??

Unbelievable!

What is needed, if anyone is still bothering to listen, is Mods doing a proper job, with everything. The only one who is consistently reliable and caring to an impressive degree that I've seen is @Grace_DStv1  , with maybe 2 or 3 others doing perhaps enough, when they are here. The rest don't care enough, and are clearly not accountable to anyone.

It may be remembered that I approached their boss at one stage, and then things came right for a while... but we shouldn't need to police the Mods! I certainly won't bother again. Shocking excuse for service! When a company forgets that its purpose is to serve its customers then it's no longer a good company...

Action

I received an email asking if the problem has been solved..... Smiley Frustrated

No it hasn't; all the old pinned toics are still pinned. I don't know about others, but I could do without pins at all. Unlike the old forum where such topics would end up 20 pages back in a week, the posting here is very slow and the relevent topics would be easy to find all month without pins.

So, please un-pin the now irrelevant topics. Alternatively, if no one objects, stop using pins at all.