Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor scheduling / lack of repeats

Romance

Re: Poor scheduling / lack of repeats

@Gugulizer wrote:
And let's not forget the Jane the Virgin issue where you didn't even televise S03 at all last year on 116 for us Compact users and suddenly there's S04, and when I reported it the social media guys on Twitter said they will report it to the programme schedulers but the premier episode came and gone without further feedback. Now I am recording S04 of Jane not knowing if I will ever get the chance. Nevermind that I tweeted last year about this and was acknowledged but still this happened - which isn't the first time in Compact.

This is my issue with The Path,  https://community.dstv.com/t5/What-s-On/Path-season-2-repeat/m-p/801#M246. Recorded season 2 on 101, except ep 7 which was a failed recording. So I patiently waited for it to be repeated on 115 / 116 / whatever. Now season 3 is starting and season 2 has not been repeated anywhere.

Doccie

Yes, yes, yes to everything you're saying. It's like the programme schedulers don't actually watch Dstv (maybe they Netflix and chill 😆). For me with Graham there was no electricity in my area for more than 12hrs from early Tuesday night to late Wednesday morning so I couldn't record either episode. How is it a repeat if it's just a few hours later from the premier episode only? 

I get that people complain about repeats in general, Dstv, as they should because you repeat wrongly. Channel 115 and 116 are repeating shows that they've already televised more than once already (Brooklyn 99, Blacklist: Redemption, etc). And what is with 116 televising shows now that have been canned 2 years ago already (Next 15)? 

And let's not forget the Jane the Virgin issue where you didn't even televise S03 at all last year on 116 for us Compact users and suddenly there's S04, and when I reported it the social media guys on Twitter said they will report it to the programme schedulers but the premier episode came and gone without further feedback. Now I am recording S04 of Jane not knowing if I will ever get the chance. Nevermind that I tweeted last year about this and was acknowledged but still this happened - which isn't the first time in Compact.

My point is Dstv programme schedulers either don't exist or they don't care.

Romance

My futher thoughts on this and other things, https://community.dstv.com/t5/Guidelines/Very-disillusioned/m-p/404#M163.

Highlighted
Romance

Poor scheduling / lack of repeats

I feel like a broken record and MC is not listening.

I'm once again complaining about lack of repeats. I know space is currently limited, but once again, can we not be proactive in trying to find a solution rather than telling me that it can't be fixed. Just 2 quick examples I've mentioned before - City and Binge could be run 24/7.

So for clarity, here are a few of the current issues:

A premiere episode of both Jane the Virgin (116) and Sleepy Hollow (115) are screened Saturday night at 8pm - neither are on CU after Sleepy Hollow was removed. When Sleep Hollow was on CU, Jane took recording priority. Both shows are repeated once only on Monday nights, again overlapping: Jane at 23:30 and Sleepy Hollow at 00:00. So I have to prioritise one show for Saturday recording and record the other on Monday. And I have to hope there are no issues with either else I will have to miss an episode for one of the series. Not my ideal way to watch a series.

It now also seems that BBC are also losing repeats. Previous seasons of Graham Norton used to be repeated over weekends. Now there is only the premiere episode and 1 repeat later the same evening. And when there is an issue (like I experienced with an EPG stuff up), I miss an episode. Last week, The Good Karma Hospital had at least 2 repeats, this week, it's down to a single repeat.

What is going on? For me, this is very poor planning.