Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Prime Suspect Season 3

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Prime Suspect Season 3

I can recall watching Series 1 I think it was and possibly Series 2 as well and by pure chance saw that Series 3 was starting. Recorded it and couldn't remember what had gone on before in the earlier season(s). Was surprised to see Helen Mirren(?) now taking the part of Tennison. But that wasn't any sort of a problem. Still enjoyed the two long episodes that I did see. Will need to keep my eyes open in case Season 4 returns. 
And yes, I'm referring to the UK Series. 

BoxOffice

I think my wife watched season 7 about a week ago. She said it was the one where DCI Tenison retired in 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

Since this was on ITV Choice I assume it will be the British series (with Helen Mirren) and not the American one?

According to Wikipedia, all 7 seasons except season 4 had only 2 episodes. Season 4 had 3 episodes. At the risk of stumbling upon a spoiler, the synopsis should tell you whether you saw it all. Smiley LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Suspect_(UK_TV_series)_episodes

EDIT: Apologies - I see Jan-Horn & Optimist already covered this. @Optimist - in this case Wikipedia is actually in agreement with @Beetle's recordings. Smiley Wink It must be somewhere  else that Beetle saw the 6 episodes.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

I now also recall that they were long and few in number, maybe they were split up further for some overseas market. We've always been warned not to go by Wiki etc. seasons and episode totals.

As for the... good, modern decoder... if those controlling its changes keep making the thoughtless mistakes they do which messes it up anyway then the nickname is earned.

They're always proved wrong, but they carry on nevertheless........ in the end it's also boring, time for that break.

BoxOffice

There are 7 Seasons of Prime Suspect. All of them accept season 4 were in two parts. Season 4 were in 3 parts. That is why they were that long. My wife is a great fan of the series. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

Don't think it's failed recordings in this case. Could be but reason I'm saying it isn't is because I recorded the Series on both my, as you called it, Exploda and my 2P Decoder as well. Both only have the two episodes. Which makes me think that there were only the two episodes shown but they were each extended ones containing two, or maybe, three episodes. 

I wonder if someone from MC could investigate this with the channel for me and if the full series was shown then if they could find out when the next series, Series 4, is scheduled to be broadcast? 

Thanks. 

Showmaxed

On your Exploda?

There's been some problems with recordings failing, MC are working on it and a new update may help next week.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Prime Suspect Season 3

I had this series, Prime Suspect 3, which was recorded from ITV Choice Channel 123 at the beginning of August on my PVR. I recently started watching it and found that there were only two episodes in the series that were recorded. When looking on the internet I discover that there were supposed to be .... six, I think it was, episodes in Series 3. Now, because the two episodes that were recorded were each around two hours long, I'm not sure if all episodes of Season three were shown. End of episode two didn't bring the situation to a conclusion but could have been the thread that carried over to season four? 
Anyone else watch this series and able to bring some light to this matter for me please?

Thanks.